Sign in to follow this  
eef48

Air bag seat sensor & indicator fault

Hi Team.

I have a couple of faults that have appeared in my 2000 E46 323 lately.I thought they maybe a quick fix before I go handing over my coin to some BMW tech to sort out.

The air bag malfunction light comes on when someone sits in the front passenger seat.

The left rear indicator light flashs on and off quickly and then goes back to normal after a few seconds.Ive tried changing the bulb,same thing, the light works it just seems to spaze out sometimes and it shows as a fault on the instrument cluster sometimes.Bad earth fault?

Thanks for any info.

Edited by Mr Beam

Hi Team.

I have a couple of faults that have appeared in my 2000 E46 323 lately.I thought they maybe a quick fix before I go handing over my coin to some BMW tech to sort out.

The air bag malfunction light comes on when someone sits in the front passenger seat.

The left rear indicator light flashs on and off quickly and then goes back to normal after a few seconds.Ive tried changing the bulb,same thing, the light works it just seems to spaze out sometimes and it shows as a fault on the instrument cluster sometimes.Bad earth fault?

Thanks for any info.

If you want to fix something you have to do it yourself!

after pulling the passenger seat out checking the plugs wiring harness etc it looks like the mat is faulty.

Rung protecta insurance and its covered under the warrenty.Great! should of just taken it to coombes paid the $250 excess and have them sort it out from the begining.Fixed the indicator light problem, I gave the zinc coating on the bulb holder a bit of a scuff and cleaned all the terminals and it seems to work fine now but if it plays up again I think Ill just replace the rear lights with some of the latter model tail lights with the orange bulbs.

I think these cars are too intelligent for there own good.

Took the car to coombes and the mat in the front set is stuffed.

$895.00 inc labour to fix.Im just glad I have Mech Insurance.