Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

E34 M5 3.8, U.K. Sale.

That is business!!!!

There is no stopping you brining it into NZ!!

Just registering it.

Which if you REALLY wanted it, you could get around ;)

Yeah but my Soprano days are behind me.(nickname Paulie) Makes it difficult to sell/value etc.

Yeah but my Soprano days are behind me.(nickname Paulie) Makes it difficult to sell/value etc.

But if you were bringing it for yourself why would you worry about what its worth or what to sell it for ?

But if you were bringing it for yourself why would you worry about what its worth or what to sell it for ?

If you can't register it, you can't insure it, what happens if you run into another car on the road.

You want a good car that you can sell/trade if you want etc.

Sorry I was assuming that you would be using it on the track only, and then assuming that you could get insurance for only using it on the track.

Sorry I was assuming that you would be using it on the track only, and then assuming that you could get insurance for only using it on the track.

Nah thats o.k.I am only an average driver and still can't handle the M30 power properly!

I wouldn't race a good car like that on the track.

They reckon the 3.8 is not very rugged compared to the 3.6, anyone know why???

They reckon the 3.8 is not very rugged compared to the 3.6, anyone know why???

Same block, bigger cylinder bores means less metal between cylinders. Longer stroke means more stress on the crank (??).

Early 6 speed gearboxes seem to have a reputation for being weaker than 5 speed boxes from the same era - in particular thinking of 6 speed E36 M3's.

the timing chain tensioners may be different,and if they go they can destroy head,pistons and valve train even the bores.

Apparently though a "proper one." has very good torque at lower revs and amazing power above 4500.We are talking 250 kw!.

What is the situation with these cars.Could you bring it in now and theoretically register and use when 20 yrs old???Or wait till 20 yrs old and bring one then???

the timing chain tensioners may be different,and if they go they can destroy head,pistons and valve train even the bores.

Apparently though a "proper one." has very good torque at lower revs and amazing power above 4500.We are talking 250 kw!.

What is the situation with these cars.Could you bring it in now and theoretically register and use when 20 yrs old???Or wait till 20 yrs old and bring one then???

[/quote

You would have wait 20yrs i think before import. Gerry in the car club is on the LTSA commitee looking in to all this.