Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Weird electic window prob

Got an issue with the electric windows since the conversion, the prob is when the ignition is on the windows dont work at all.

But when the cars unlocked with no key in the ignition the windows operate normally?

Any idears guys/girls?

cheers

Sounds like the wiring got mixed up during the conversion and it's an open circuit when the ignition is on? Did the windows also roll down with ignition off before the conversion? (Haven't had experience with E30s but on E36s they roll down whenever the 2 front doors are open regardless of whether the key is in the ignition)

Sounds like could be the same problem that Mark had last week. Does you heater fan also not work?

If not - look for a black/green wire - I think in the starter wiring loom - this earths the two unloader relays to interupt these circuits during cranking & should see earth the rest. You can simply give this wire a pemanent earth.

Sounds like could be the same problem that Mark had last week. Does you heater fan also not work?

If not - look for a black/green wire - I think in the starter wiring loom - this earths the two unloader relays to interupt these circuits during cranking & should see earth the rest. You can simply give this wire a pemanent earth.

AHA! No the fan does not work,i think you have solved it :) so its that simple you earth the black green wire?

cheers!

AHA! No the fan does not work,i think you have solved it :) so its that simple you earth the black green wire?

cheers!

Yep that'll be it, yes you can do, by doing that you are just bypassing the overide but that wont matter at all

Cheers

Grant

Yep that'll be it, yes you can do, by doing that you are just bypassing the overide but that wont matter at all

Cheers

Grant

awesome thanks Grant

did it work?

Will try this weekend mate, makes sense tho

Is that off the back of the ignition barrel? im lost lol were is the starter loom?

cheers

Is that off the back of the ignition barrel? im lost lol were is the starter loom?

cheers

Down at starter end, otherwise find it in the engine- car loom plug by the fuse box.

cheers

Did you sort your window prob.if they are like the e36 coupe the take afeed(blk/grn wire) from the starter terminal labelled

30h and feed it to the pwr windows provides an earth

Did you sort your window prob.if they are like the e36 coupe the take afeed(blk/grn wire) from the starter terminal labelled

30h and feed it to the pwr windows provides an earth

still have not fixed it yet, thats my mission for tommorow! cheers for the help tho.

Now my window wipers are randomly going every few seconds lol most likely the same problem