Sign in to follow this  
Jeddy

e30 325i's

I've been wanting a e30 325i or m325i for a while now and i saw these ones on TM. Manual is a must.

I'm in no hurry and dont really have the cash at the mo because i'm going to the states next wednesday(16th).

And thought id just see what other people think about these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=134342216 cosmos blue

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=135131606 Lachsilber Metallic

Edited by jeddy

They both have interesting body kits, and imo it is a good thing.

I'm also a big fan of this one on bimmersport.

They both have interesting body kits, and imo it is a good thing.

I'm also a big fan of this one on bimmersport.

Its sold tho

The blue one says nz new but those aren't nz plates

Its sold tho

The blue one says nz new but those aren't nz plates

The blue one I've seen. Is pretty good tbh. Owner has an account on here. Plates are germanplates.com

The blue one I've seen. Is pretty good tbh. Owner has an account on here. Plates are germanplates.com

Do you know what the interiors like?

Are those legal? i havn't seen them before

The bottom one seems really cheap, anyone know anything about it?

I've been wanting a e30 325i or m325i for a while now and i saw these ones on TM. Preferably a motronic but i'm not that fussy. Also manual is a must.

I'm in no hurry and dont really have the cash at the mo because i'm going to the states next wednesday.

And thought id just see what other people think about these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=134342216 cosmos blue

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=135131606 Lachsilber Metallic

Also i'm in chch but if i find a good one i'll travel for it

Second one is mine. It's by no means a mint condition car but its as it looks, & pretty acurately described in listing

Second one is mine. It's by no means a mint condition car but its as it looks, & pretty acurately described in listing

Whats the condition of the engine? Its a jetronic one aye?

Whats the condition of the engine? Its a jetronic one aye?

Runs fine, no noises, no smoke. It's Motronic (early)

Edit Its priced to condition - leaves room for tidying up if desired

Edited by hotwire

Runs fine, no noises, no smoke. It's Motronic (early)

Oh really, any idea what the ecu or vin number is?

Thats a really good price, not planning a trip o chch any time soon by anychance?

Haven't got numbers handy, car is at work, me on holiday, definitely Motronic, would love to make a trip south but no - not planning on it. Give me your mail address & I will send more pics to you.

Cheers

Grant

Do you know what the interiors like?

The bottom one seems really cheap, anyone know anything about it?

For the price the car must be special for me to buy it sight-unseen.

Of which, this is not. Just wait until one comes up in Wellington or Chch, or spend a day in Auckland looking at all our E30s!

Many discussions have passed in the forums about the legality of germanplates, i believe the answer is no they're not legal.

Although, cops don't seem to care that much. I've heard of a couple members who have received letters from LTSA?? about removing them from the vehicle.

I've also heard of a couple people getting $150 fines for having them on their vehicle.

Its not a really big worry and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to place them on my car (thats how much its enforced ;) )

Haven't got numbers handy, car is at work, me on holiday, definitely Motronic, would love to make a trip south but no - not planning on it. Give me your mail address & I will send more pics to you.

Cheers

Grant

That would be great thanks.

rosejtrademe@yahoo.co.nz

Look foward to seeing them

cheers

if you read the questions and answers on the first trade me link (cosmo blue 325i) you can tell the guy knows nothing about his car.

Iv got a E30 325. Bronzit beige with grey/black interior. Four door, auto. You can have it for $3000 and convert it to manual and have a good car.

Preferably a motronic but i'm not that fussy.

FWIW all 325i's are motronic. (i haven't seen one that isn't from the factory) 323i and pre-fl 320i were L-jet along with M10's.

Not really knowing much about M10 or M20 engines myself but I have been thinking of getting a E30 manual myself, having seen so many on TM, most of them having knocked heaps on the clock. Is 200,000K still going to give me quite a bit of life to live?

I aint got much money, so I aint looking for the perfect E30, just something I can drive around for a while but I just need to know that something with 200,000K+ on the clock is still going to give me reliablity?

Iv got a E30 325. Bronzit beige with grey/black interior. Four door, auto. You can have it for $3000 and convert it to manual and have a good car.

How many cars do you have?!?

BTW I saw your iS in Pauanui and I must say it looks fantastic. You should be very proud!

How many cars do you have?!?

BTW I saw your iS in Pauanui and I must say it looks fantastic. You should be very proud!

lol alot.

Oh yeah were did you see me?

FWIW all 325i's are motronic. (i haven't seen one that isn't from the factory) 323i and pre-fl 320i were L-jet along with M10's.

Ok, cheers that clears a few things up

lol alot.

Oh yeah were did you see me?

I saw your car parked up Mount Avenue by a Porsche Boxster, on new years day I think.

Not really knowing much about M10 or M20 engines myself but I have been thinking of getting a E30 manual myself, having seen so many on TM, most of them having knocked heaps on the clock. Is 200,000K still going to give me quite a bit of life to live?

I aint got much money, so I aint looking for the perfect E30, just something I can drive around for a while but I just need to know that something with 200,000K+ on the clock is still going to give me reliablity?

James, If its looked after well by the previous owner/s it should be fine, they go forever with regular servicing.

Mine is nearing close to 200,000kms and have almost owned it a year and never had a single problem besides a flat battery needing a jump start once or twice.

I'd prefer to have one thats already manual.

How much do think i'd be looking at to convert? got any pics

Ok so the bottom ones sold, was to slow.

Any way i'll prob be on the serious look out for one in about 6 weeks time so if someones thinking about selling could ya let me know please.

Cheers

James, If its looked after well by the previous owner/s it should be fine, they go forever with regular servicing.

Mine is nearing close to 200,000kms and have almost owned it a year and never had a single problem besides a flat battery needing a jump start once or twice.

Will keep my eye out mate, thanks for the heads up!