Sign in to follow this  
Foohey

E36 Wont start :(

Hey, i lost my licence a while ago,

i get it back in few weeks, in the mean time ive started the car only about once a week for about 5 mins.

and to move to mow the lawn lol.

tonight i moved it, and now i need to move it back, i had the lights on for 5 mins or so, now it wont start.

maybe a flat batt but on the little screen under radio it says "Break Light Circuit" "See Owners Manual"

well, i dont have an owners manual :( lol

can anyone help?

starter motor goes nuts...wont click over.

Heeelp!

Cheers :)

I get this in my E36 every now and again, its weird, but an easy fix.

Look in the fuse box under the bonnet, I'm sure you will have blown a fuse relating to te brake lights and I think its dashboard lights (the are on the same fuse).

Just change the fuse and all should be sweet.

Someone will have better advice I'm sure ...

I think you will actually find that you are getting this message because their is a little switch connected to your brake pedal that is playing up. Very common "issue" on E36's also a cheap and easy part to replace. Do a search on here, it has been covered numerous times before.

I get it from time to time in my 323i, just never got around to replace the switch, as the brake lights still work fine (and the message goes away quickly).

Cheers

Grant

wow so many comments so fast! thanks for all your help!

ill have a look at the switch on the brakee pedal tomorrow. i gotta go bed lol

What is stupid about this is the "See Owners Manual" is a waste of time, from memory all it does is say take your car to the dealer for them to look at.

Cheers

Grant

What is stupid about this is the "See Owners Manual" is a waste of time, from memory all it does is say take your car to the dealer for them to look at.

Cheers

Grant

lol? so when it says coolant level blah blah, u gotta take it to a bmw dealer lol... time u get there they be doin a lil bit more than fixing your coolant lol

Probably unrelated problems. No start - I would say you have a flat battery which may also cause a random code otherwise as said - more likely brake light switch crook.