Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Replacing BMW Emblem

Hey guys,

Want to replace the bonnet emblem on the E39, got the emblem, was going to do it then I read Here that you need 2 new rubber gromets.

Now, do you really need new gromets or can you use the old ones?

Cheers guys :)

Hey Nick, it depends on the condition of your old ones. When I bought my new emblem I also bought new grommets, however when I pulled the old emblem out the old ones were definitely still usable and would still have made for a snug fit.

Thanks for the quick replies, will pull it off and see if the old ones are good enough. Otherwise will have to buy a couple from BMW.

Cheers

how do you get to the boot one? as far as i kno its in a little gap i cant get my hand in :huh:

how do you get to the boot one? as far as i kno its in a little gap i cant get my hand in :huh:

You mean you can get the one on the bonnet out with your hand?? Here's how I get both front and rear out. Get a flathead screwdriver (wide but thin head that will fit in the gap between bonnet and emblem) and lever it out. If you like, put some tape (ie: electrical tape) around the flathead, and remember to use cloth to pad any part of the screwdriver that will come in contact with the bonnet or boot.

You mean you can get the one on the bonnet out with your hand?? Here's how I get both front and rear out. Get a flathead screwdriver (wide but thin head that will fit in the gap between bonnet and emblem) and lever it out. If you like, put some tape (ie: electrical tape) around the flathead, and remember to use cloth to pad any part of the screwdriver that will come in contact with the bonnet or boot.

You can get both out from the outside although the bonnet one is easier to get out from under the bonnet cause you just have to push the two things out.

so those little plug things, how do i put them back on the boot badge? :mellow:

Is the badge for the boot different? If not just stick the rubber things on the sticks.

Is the badge for the boot different? If not just stick the rubber things on the sticks.

Hmmm..

Maybe im just retarted, but under the lining i cant get to the badge pins, has anyone done this before? or am i just going insane :wacko: