Sign in to follow this  
Jaredsc

320i Gearbox

Hey, dunno if any other 320i owners have had this prob, but my car seems to jerk real hard when

the auto changes from 1st to 2nd, even so that I hate 2 put my foot down too hard on the accelerator,

or else it makes the rev counter go right up 2 3000 revs then it suddenly changes to 2nd and the counter

dropps right down to 1000 revs. It is becoming a real bitch, I am thinking the auto box maybe about to go.

Does anyone else have this prob or has had it before? It also declines to change down to first when going down a hill sometimes, feels like there is an invisable force on the front of the car. lol Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ahh, the classic Jatco jerk. I'm guessing it was imported from Japan? If so its a common problem which happens around the 120+km mark.

If you've got a good mechanical warranty then get the box rebuilt, it does cost on average of 3k but it will fully recondition the box.

I believe thats the only way to fix the problem although some people say its a setting or something, but you'll get other peoples opinions.