Sign in to follow this  
nico

Electric Windows

I have a strange problem with my electric windows (heater/blower also seems tied into it);

When I start the car up in the morning or after a long period, everything works fine. After the car's warmed up, things still work fine. Then if I turn off the car, i.e. park up and go into a dairy/whatever, I turn the car back on and the windows don't work.

So then I'm kinda screwed, UNLESS I open one of the doors, then the windows go up/down fine again. So, unless I want to open the doors at 50-100kph, I can't use the windows while I'm driving.

So, what could it be? Dodgy relay/connection/plug? Which one? I've checked all the fuses, but that's all I could think of.

Cheers,

--Nico

I say the wires from the body to the door.

But could be plugs or some thing in that line.

I know one of the loaders at work had stuffed cables and it did that. Took my boys a long time to find it ay :P

My E36 318i did the same thing. I think it turned out to be the relay which "tells" the windows they can be on, which is tied in with the doors and interior lights and stuff. I just did a bodge and powered up the windows circuit from a 12v switched source so now they go with the ignition key. I don't recommend trying this unless you are sure how your particular system works; which wire does what etc..! :(