Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Change of Vehicles BMW Family though...

I've been interested in an X5 for quite a while. Realizing that a NZ New Diesel is 50k+ I've found a good fresh Jap import V8. I was keen on getting into a 3.0i petrol I6 but they use as much fuel as the V8's pretty much so I may as well have that extra 40kw and extra torque and sound of the V8

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=144446824

That is what I'm very keen on. ONLY issue I have with it is the higher mileage, however, I'm going to get a warranty with the vehicle just incase something comes up, because as we all know, BMW's aren't always angels, mine scored a 500+ dollar job today FFS!

What ya's think? Plan is to get a nice E30 I6 & an X5 for a toy. I think that unit looks good in black with black windows & the sportpac option.

Cheers........... :rolleyes:

Did not expect such a quick change from the E60, bored of it already? An E30 and an X5 sounds like a nice combo, would have thought the E30 would be the toy though.

I'd go with non-wood interior trim and facelift if possible, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about X5 pricing to comment - I'm assuming you chose that one because that's the kind of money you're looking to spend.

Did not expect such a quick change from the E60, bored of it already? An E30 and an X5 sounds like a nice combo, would have thought the E30 would be the toy though.

I'd go with non-wood interior trim and facelift if possible, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about X5 pricing to comment - I'm assuming you chose that one because that's the kind of money you're looking to spend.

Sorry yeah, the other way round, the E30 as a toy :wacko:

Not bored of the E60 yet, but I've just always wanted an X5 & I'm in the position to do so without spending any money lol.

Not bored of the E60 yet, but I've just always wanted an X5 & I'm in the position to do so without spending any money lol.

Get a post 2001 X5. Then the radio can be set to NZ mode at the touch of a button. And TV as well (if nfitted)

And nav is easy to change to NZ nav, well worth it.

One older X5 <2001, you have to change radio module instead of reprogramming it

I have to say, I don't really like how the TV/Nav is put in although it looks better there than stuck on top of the dashboard.