Sign in to follow this  
E28 Master of diguises

what does it mean by hub centric and imperial

hi there ppl i need some help with my car i took it on the motorway for the first in awhile with the new tyres on and at around 80 kph and increasing it starts to shake drastically then at around 100 kph it goes away what do i need to do to fix this minor problem

the wheels that i have are factory standard E39 16"rims

yoiu need to get "hubcentric" rings to bring the hub diameter of 74.1(e 39) down to 72.5mm(just about every other bmw 5,6,7 or 8 series.Dont quote me on the actual sizes but i am pretty close I think.

hi there ppl i need some help with my car i took it on the motorway for the first in awhile with the new tyres on and at around 80 kph and increasing it starts to shake drastically then at around 100 kph it goes away what do i need to do to fix this minor problem

the wheels that i have are factory standard E39 16"rims

You should have centre bore locating rings with those wheels, the E39 wheels are 74mm Vs the E28 72.5mm, most tyre places will be able to get them in for you.

If that doesn't fix it, it could be a worn thrust arm bushing (the rearward of the two front suspension arms).

If the wheels are not hub centric you will DEFINITELY need centre bore locating (CBL) rings. Most european cars are notorious for the 'shakes' you describe if the wheel is not located centrally on the hub. Kiwi535 had the same problem a while ago and teh rings solved it. I highly doubt it will be a bent wheel as this would have shown up when when the new tyres were fitted. PM me for more details if you want.