Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

Tardme Turbo kit

Was browsing everything under BMW as ya do, and saw this, had a look and the seller reckons you don't need to change the ECU/engine management :huh: , I was under the impression that if you turbo'd BMW's and most cars you would need to chip them or go for a LINK or similar product because the factory item isin't made to deal with Boost etc.

also read somewhere,most likely on here, that alot of the manifolds around wont fit RHD cars

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-150764081.htm

so whats the deal would that work with a simple chip from somewhere? or has he just brought an EBAY kit and put it on trademe? :unsure:

this has probaly been covered before so just shoot me the link and tell me to shut up if so! lol

cheers Andrew :D

Was browsing everything under BMW as ya do, and saw this, had a look and the seller reckons you don't need to change the ECU/engine management :huh: , I was under the impression that if you turbo'd BMW's and most cars you would need to chip them or go for a LINK or similar product because the factory item isin't made to deal with Boost etc.

also read somewhere,most likely on here, that alot of the manifolds around wont fit RHD cars

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-150764081.htm

so whats the deal would that work with a simple chip from somewhere? or has he just brought an EBAY kit and put it on trademe? :unsure:

this has probaly been covered before so just shoot me the link and tell me to shut up if so! lol

cheers Andrew :D

Saw that on there & your Q's.

Deff. won't work with the stock ECU etc...

Well, unless you toast your engine that is.

As for the RHD thing, I think the turbo would sit where the steering column goes.

What a lot of the E30 guys with turbo's M50's do in the states, is "flip" the manifolds, so the turbo sits high at the front. Don't see why that wouldn't work for a E36.

But it is not a "bolt-in" turbo kit!

thanks for the reply,

does anybody do chips to cope with low boost say around 8psi? here or overseas

to make it work what else would be needed?

its got me thinking but lack of money and petrol prices and still being a school student are reality checks Haha :(

What sort of budget have people delt with to turbo their engines if anyone on here has done it, just out of interest??

You can get a very basic turbo setup on there for fairly cheaply, but as for the extra power it will make from a 2.0, you might as well just get a 2.5, or 2.8... How big is your budget?

An aftermarket computer will let you get the most out of your car in it's near factory state, and you can take it with you between cars, and... you can use it to calculate fueling/spark for a varible that the current one doesn't really have an allocation for - pressure above atmospheric! Boost!

Edited by Surge

That guy on trademe is a retard... people like him that make me laugh :rolleyes:

Guys like him that u need to watch out for, trying to take advantage of those that don't know what they are looking at.

The first thing on my FI list is a damn good ECU save you so much less hassle in the long run! Most essensial and core item for FI :D

Luke

try turbochargingdynamics.com

Todd there has done many turbo cars with stock setups/ecu and air flow meters.good results too.

that or fit my 400hp+ motor with matching gearbox for some serious laughs