Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

e 34 nuts.....

there has been some idle talk about some kind of e34 meet up.....how about it???perhaps on the same date the E34 first came under the publics gaze???

there has been some idle talk about some kind of e34 meet up.....how about it???perhaps on the same date the E34 first came under the publics gaze???

First E34's released about this time 20yrs ago in Germany, my first was the M20 525i Auto.

How many people own E34's on Bimmer? Not many.

As a matter of interest BMW built 3610 E34 535is HD12 cars.

there are a few i can think of cain me you simon creaver ollie ray......

those Hd12,s were they the RHD or both LHD and RHD

Edited by kiwi535

Guest Simon*

Isn't there a big meet in the states to celebrate the 20 years coming up really soon?

Anyway I'd be keen - how about Taupo/Turangi - fairly central

E: Actually I should slap myself! As a mainlander, central NZ is Nelson - everyone knows that ;) Bugger

Edited by Simon*

there are a few i can think of cain me you simon creaver ollie ray......

those Hd12,s were they the RHD or both LHD and RHD

I don't know if that includes both left & right, M sport 535is from factory not just a 535 ordered with a manual box.

I don't know if that includes both left & right, M sport 535is from factory not just a 535 ordered with a manual box.

so ALL hd 12 are "is"'s?If i punch in my vin it just comes up as an ECE 535 most of the options show ie seats,3.64 lsd,mtech "aero" kit etc ,but it doesnt list as an "is"

hmm yes i think the meet should be nelson cough cough..and while we are there we could test drive the special chassis m5 hehe

may have finally sold my 530,now time to flick the 535 and track down a 540..i'm going to miss the manual box though.

I'm all in for a party but you might be 12 months too late.

A check on the www.realoem.com site shows the following start production dates for E34......

535i 03/87

520i,525i,530i 06/87

524tD 07/87

perhaps we could do a release in NZ do.....I've probably got the actual date of release in the stuff I have at home.

so ALL hd 12 are "is"'s?If i punch in my vin it just comes up as an ECE 535 most of the options show ie seats,3.64 lsd,mtech "aero" kit etc ,but it doesnt list as an "is"

We have sortta covered this off before.

According to BMW NZ, the HD12 is a "special" car, BUT it is not a "M" car nor is it a "iS", it is a standard 535i, manual with a few (actually just about every one :D )option boxes ticked.

The british M535i and 535iSE are pretty much in the same box, they are locally spec'ed cars with a badge engineered designation. The british M535i and SE's appear at face value to be lower in base spec to the NZ New 535i manuals, however the brits seemed to like ticking the option box at the time of ordering.

Things like the M535i, had cloth manual seats, and manual air con, and the standard alloys in base spec, whereas the NZ car was "stock" spec with leather sports seats, the big metric wheels, and climate air (along with the body kit, sports suspension, 10 speaker stereo etc etc)

NZ Launch of the E34 was at the Auckland Motor Expo in July '88

My manual E34 535i has a manufacturing date of 04/88 according to real oem. Makes it 20 this month. :D

English import, LSD, leather, not sports seats tho.

I'm thinking of wrecking it for the motor and box if anyones interested in the rest?

Production Code: HD12, batch ID: 47382

Don't know if anyones interested or not, but would let it go complete for $2000

pm me.

Edited by Silver Fox