Sign in to follow this  
savvi

slave cylinder bleeding e30 325i

hey guys , my clutch has a spongy feel to it and occasionly the car starts to creep forward wen its in gear with the clutch in plus 80% of the time wen taking off the clutch feels wen you get to a certain relase point thats it cars of or stalls with out the revs,

would this be caused by air in the slave cylinder system, and a simple bleed and knew fluid should fix it i hope,

wat u guys think, thanks shane

Could be - it could also just be a spongy flexible hose. You could try bleeding it to make sure there is no air in there - see if it gets better (and inspect the hose at the same time - see if that's the problem).

Otherwise the master or slave could be leaking slightly internally.

Edited by CamB

the fact its starting creep makes me think its a hydraulic leak. are you loosing fluid? slaves will normally leak fluid out of the system while a leak in the master cyl means the fluid can simply bypass back up into the reservoir.

pressure plate could also be on its way out but i'd try and rul out the hyrdaulic system first

I just had the very same issue with my car and ended up replacing the master and slave cylinders, as it was pointless replacing onme and not the other as both had done the same amount of work. It took 1.5 hours to replace and bleed .

I just had the very same issue with my car and ended up replacing the master and slave cylinders, as it was pointless replacing onme and not the other as both had done the same amount of work. It took 1.5 hours to replace and bleed .

oh realy your probly rite might need both doing, ill try the bleed first , thanks 4 reply guys,

wats the easiest way of going about this, and best bleeder valve to buy for the job

oh realy your probly rite might need both doing, ill try the bleed first , thanks 4 reply guys,

wats the easiest way of going about this, and best bleeder valve to buy for the job

You need to jack the car up and support safely, and use a 7mm wrench and some hose and a bottle. And an assistant to press the pedal. Do you know how to bleed brakes?

You need to jack the car up and support safely, and use a 7mm wrench and some hose and a bottle. And an assistant to press the pedal. Do you know how to bleed brakes?

yeah i do

if you have someone helping you you dont really need any equipment. Open the screw, get ur helper to push the pedal all the way in and stop. Close the screw. Let the pedal all the way out slowly. repeat. make sure not to run the reservoir dry.

Dont know if thats the best way but it works for me.