Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

E39 Day light running lights - Colour change possible?

Hiya!

As per topic title, is this possible, ie. to get a blueish tint which corresponds to 8000k I think. I saw on trademe they are selling CCFL kits, but they are only for 95-00 E39s. Thanks for any help :D

Are you talking about the angel eyes? You want to change the colour of the angel eyes on the facelift E39 lights. If so it's possible, the angel eyes in each headlight are lit by a bulb and fibre optics to the rings. People sell replacement kits for the bulb, LED if I remember correctly, so you can pretty much get any colour you want. I didn't bother to check what kind of bulb it was but if it's a common type you can also get a plug and play replacement from Repco/Supercheap.

Are you talking about the angel eyes? You want to change the colour of the angel eyes on the facelift E39 lights. If so it's possible, the angel eyes in each headlight are lit by a bulb and fibre optics to the rings. People sell replacement kits for the bulb, LED if I remember correctly, so you can pretty much get any colour you want. I didn't bother to check what kind of bulb it was but if it's a common type you can also get a plug and play replacement from Repco/Supercheap.

Yeah I think we're talking about the same thing, the outer rim of the lights, any idea where I can buy a replacement or how much it would cost? Cheers