Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Mounting Tech1 Skirts

Ive just mounted my new skirts with all new clips from BMW ($45 bucks!!!) in my rush I didn't silicon or anything round the clips in the sills , the clips seem pretty tight and sealed as they are , should I worry about water getting in?

Cheers

Alex.

Edited by QuickSilver

Lol here ya go

post-1848-1209462501_thumb.jpg

Looks great, id seal them just to be on the safe side.

Saw your car the other day-looked good.

I didn't silicon anything when I put my Tech 2 on, would be interested to see whether its a good idea too.

Silicon is a nasty, scary thing on car paint though :blink:

Silicon is a nasty, scary thing on car paint though :blink:

Yeah I knoww!!!!! Its insane and never comes off and ahhhhh. So yours is fine with those clips? No leakage that you can see etc etc? Is it just the same? Ie, the gromet in the sill and the plug in the skirt? Im paranoid about taking them off again as I really don't want to break the clips, its a miracle I got it on without breaking anything.

No leaks or anything I can see, they should be watertight. Although I'm more afraid of rust.

And yeah, those clips are horrible, mines a half arse job using half broken, 20yo clips in places.

Yeah I thought they would be water tight seeing as their very very secure. I had no clips so had to fork out for all new ones, im going to get all the rust done in the car (not that I have much) at some point and I gave the holes a spray of rust kill before those clips went in.

Cheers

Alex.