Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Bugger, ipod died yesterday :(

Cant read it at all with anything Ive found on the web so Im gutted.

Im looking at some alternatives (all in the ipod family) and wondered if anyone else had tried this. The main contenders are an ipod classic 160Gb and an 32gb itouch

I think the classic win hand downs, massive space, video etc. Its unlike that Ill watch anything on it, but hooking it up to the tv in the touring is very tempting, Jochen I think has done this but has anyone else ?

THe itouch wasnt in the running until I noticed just now someone selling it as wifi...I didnt think that was the case, but if anyone has one what do they think ?

32Gb is nowehere near enough for my music library add a couple of movies for the kids in the car on it makes it even less. Its twice the price but the wifi sounds interesting. Using a web browser to control my ftp server would be its main use, but checking email and shiz without using one of my laptops is also a benefit.

Any thoughts people ?

The iPod Touch is cool. I'd definitely get the 32GB. I watch a lot of stuff on it as I spend a lot of time in Airport lounges. The Man Show, Formula 1 pod casts, Extras, even the Hire. Most of it I watch once, delete and wait for the next subscription to arrive.

You obviously have a massive music collection! I'm waiting to see how my Passat will integrate with the iPod. Half of my Touch is taken up with photos.

You can now download full movies and tv episodes onto the Touch (although I haven't tried).

The Wifi is a cool toy. But it's not fast due to the screen size. I do sit in the car and surf the web while I wait for the daughter to wake. But not often as I've got plenty of stuff to watch already on the device.