Sign in to follow this  
E28 Master of diguises

conversion of headlights on a 1982 BMW 520i to replace of a e30

hey there i was wondering if any people had any information on the headlight spec's of both the E28-E30???

Cause i was wondering if it is possible to convert to the e30 light as i was after the angel eye's to put onto my E28 to give it that character look that it so much deserves so much can this be done or is it a straight up answer of !!!! NO!!!

it would be helpful if anybody had some information

Main beam of e28 is much larger diameter than that of the e30, so, unless you mod the grill to suit the smaller main beam headlight, it would probably look ugly..

might be possible to switch the smaller headlight...but the outside headlight of the e 28 is the old 7 inch one,the inner may be the same(155mm or so) as the e30 and e34

might be possible to switch the smaller headlight...but the outside headlight of the e 28 is the old 7 inch one,the inner may be the same(155mm or so) as the e30 and e34

so you think that it is possible to fit even the front head lights of an e34 as i would like to add angel eye's to a E28 as i think that there is no E28 with angel eye's installed

so you think that it is possible to fit even the front head lights of an e34 as i would like to add angel eye's to a E28 as i think that there is no E28 with angel eye's installed

No, I think the e28 is the only car with that size headlights.

I think there are fibre optic light strips that you actually sit in behind the lens but don't know much about them??