Sign in to follow this  
Gus

CF parts

why did the e30 m3 use a carbon fibre intake manifold? what is the benefit of using one? i imagine a CF air box would be used because of its heat radiation properties.....and has anyone ever heard of anyone making a CF intake manifold for the m20? im curious

i imagine a CF air box would be used because of its heat radiation properties.....

hole in one.

do it yourself...muhahha

thats the idea....would increasing the size of the airbox do sh*t all? i can def increase the size of the inlet hole....that would be cool

well the larger the airbox would alow more air in but at a slower velocity, just pipe from your front bumper to your airbox (standard one) that will be enough cold air and should come through relativey quick

They didn't come stock Gus, most of the ones you see are replica's of the DTM car ones.

The whole manifold thing on a S14 is completely different to a M20 as they have multiple throttle bodies, so the intake manifold only extends from the throttle bodies to the head and has no plenum as such.

The CF part is the airbox (which is not required if you have a map ECU), so it is really a huge CAI kit.

If you are talking about putting multi throttles on a M20, yes it can be done, just find a couple of 20v toyota throttles (they split into pairs so you can make 6 easy enough).

ah...interesting...i was thinking today when i do the link of making a CF airbox and intake tube...possibly slightly larger than stock....i realise that i wont gain f**k all power....its just for the fun of making sh*t.....and it might sound cool...who knows? not that keen on multi throttle bodies....m20 isnt that cool! if could do it for v cheap though might be fun

Edited by Gus

boatbuilding...its just carbon fibre fabric and glue...would need to make moulds and sh*t though.....glenn would the 20v throttle bodies bolt on? would they work any better that a single with m20 FI?