Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

Getrag 260 quims

Well now, my beatuiful M 323i was rear ended last year and I've finally got around to getting the gearbox seperated.. just have to find out what should go with it. Bit of a mission it was, only stripped 2 of the torx bolts.... yay.

Question, the plate which is on the bottom of the gearbox with 4 small torx bolts (stripped one of those bolts, hence this question) and covers sort of 4 inches of the sump, would an automatic car have that?

And had to grind out 1 of the 2 biggest torx bolts, was very very very siezed, I'm guessing this could be replaced from the dealer or a similar bolt used?

Basicly just wondering if the mounts and bolts from an auto are the same as a manual.

Thanks

So the getrag 260, pedal box, master, slave, flywheel, clutch, driveshaft, shifter and clutch hard line, (a.k.a everything) will be on trademe $1 reserve soon. Moving to australia and I've never had the thrill of a $1 reserve auction :D

The bottom cover plate is the same on the auto, the mounts are different but I stand to be corrected. The bellhousing bolts for the auto are longer. I have always used the ones that came off the manual box and thrown the auto bolts away with the box.

Ah great great thanks. I may go find replacement bolts then.