Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

Bridgestone RE001 Adrenalin

Ok, my 328i needs new tires.

I've been using Toyo's CT01 for a while now and they are gone. They were good in the dry but a little skittish in the wet.

Has anyone used/is using them?

Initial thoughts?

So far best price for 225/40/18 is $340incl GST fitting/balancing at Firestone Hamz.

Cheers.

Marcus.

Hi Marcus

I have had them on my car for about 8 months. Mine are 225/45/17.

They are really good, both in the dry and in the wet, although they are wearing quite quickly (99% of my driving is pretty sedate). My traction control light comes on much less infrequently that before. I'm often amazed how hard I am able to push them.

There is no rubbing, and my car is slightly lower than standard (same suspension as you - H&R/Bilstein combo).

A mate of mine was so impressed with them on my 328, that he has put them on his Type R Integra, and done a couple of track days since. He said that they have by far outperformed anything he has used before (and he is a track day regular).

In summary - I would definately buy again.

Cheers

Grant

Also, if you want to have a drive of my car with them on, I'm in Hamilton at least twice a week (Monday's and Thursday's mainly). Give me a call, I'm there this Thursday (if you can wait). 021 902 329.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

Hey Grant, will take you up on that :)

You can drive mine; its missing a clutch but still does allright ;)

a bit noisy

You are right, you get a bit of road noise from them as well (much more so than the Direzza's on my 323i). However I much prefer them to the Direzza's.

Cheers

Grant

Ok, my 328i needs new tires.

I've been using Toyo's CT01 for a while now and they are gone. They were good in the dry but a little skittish in the wet.

Has anyone used/is using them?

Initial thoughts?

So far best price for 225/40/18 is $340incl GST fitting/balancing at Firestone Hamz.

Cheers.

Marcus.

CT01's are technically a 'touring' tyre. They are designed to be quiet on European cars on European roads. Obviously Kiwi roads are very different with their coarse chip. If you want a more performance oriented tyre and are keen to stick with Toyo, go for their T1R. Otherwise the good old Eagle F1 is another obvious choice I would recommend. Let me know what you decide to go with and I shuold be able to hook you up with a preety sweet deal.

cheers

Johno

Edited by zenetti

Man you must do some hard driving if you think Eagle F1's wear out to quickly! That other tyre is due to arrive here at some stage but not in the next few months unfortunately. The only other tyre I could think of is the Dunlop Sport 01 which is also assymetric.

My Toyo's CT01 have a wear rating of 280 and they are gone in 24K kms. The inner shoulder of the back tires is bald and the mid portion has grooves but barely. So a bit of camber wear.

The fronts are barely legal (if only it was a blonde!) so I might as well replace all.

Have just put a set of these on the 323i, Got them for $1160 including an alignment,balancing and fitting. 225/50/16

I am VERY impressed with them, Excellent grip in the wet and the dry,and like Grant I can push the car alot harder now.

Very happy with them and im going to put a set on the 320i when it needs tyres.

I would highly recomend them.

Cheers and let us no how you get on

Yep, tires arrived today.

I'll get them installed probably this saturday. Let it bed in first and then take it for a proper hoon around the foggy Waikato :D

I got the tires installed today.

$1359 @ Firestone Direct.

First impressions.

Fantastic.

More direct. I've been taking roundabouts over and over again just to feel the steering come alive.

Waiting for the initial layer to wear off first and then I'll push it on a weekend.

So far so good :)

haven't done the bushings yet.

I'll do it once I have more $$ and time.

Tires are very good tho.