Sign in to follow this  
monsta72

HUD

Hi There

great idea getting a heads up display, the one i have is certainly pretty useful on the open road. Not so sure as to that model in relation to ease of wiring it up- my one works through GPS for added accuracy independent of the tampered-with rim size on my car and thus speedo accuracy... its this model if you're interested:

Globe-Top GPS HUD

but yeah, great aid on the open road when radar detectors are a no-no :unsure:

Hi tomo.Thanks for the reply.

How hard was the installation and any chance of pic or does it look the same as tardme ad.

Thanks again :D

heh mine was easy "install" as using gps within the unit you just mount it on the dash where it will reflect, put the supplied film onto the windscreen and plug it into the 12v socket running the cable behind the dash, too easy. :)

For the one you linked to it would need to be wired in 'somewhere' to the speedo cable ?from the ecu? to get a reading aswell as for the revs *and* run some power to the unit but that electrical stuff mystifies me im afraid, wouldnt be able to give you a conclusive answer.

Heres some crappy cameraphone pics of it (just nipped down to the garage)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

( The lit up bit on the left of "gps" is the compass that is spinning as it is trying to calibrate (takes about 15 sec each time its turned off) of course not calibrating as its in the garage )

Edited by Tomo

Sounds like GPS is the easiest option when it comes to electrically challenged owners like myself.Does it really stick up as much as in the picture?Was hoping for something reasonably flush with dash.

oops just seen your pics.thanks for taking the time.

Edited by monsta72

you're welcome, yeah i wish there was a way that it was not so out-there and better integrated but i guess thats what the pricey new M6 is for...? damn eh.

god the garage looks like a tip, whoops! all the car cleaning products are arranged neatly just out of shot! :P

might also mention if your hopes for it being flush may be related to the damn smash-and-grab the unit is on a magnetic base and is easy as to remove, and ive got that mounted to the dash with heavy duty double sided tape. You dont see it while you're driving if thats a plus...

god the garage looks like a tip, whoops! all the car cleaning products are arranged neatly just out of shot! :P

LOL my garage is just as tidy. :)

might also mention if your hopes for it being flush may be related to the damn smash-and-grab the unit is on a magnetic base and is easy as to remove, and ive got that mounted to the dash with heavy duty double sided tape. You dont see it while you're driving if thats a plus...

Yours looks better than the pic on trademe.As for the smash grab scenario i hadnt thought of that.

Hey Tomo

Just a thought,whats the difference like between your analogue speedo and the gps unit?