Sign in to follow this  
Chalk

More E30 issues! Yay... 8-)

Ok well thanks for the help on my last problem.. It turned out to be the fuel pump being completely crapped out... Well next issue is... Coming home from work the other night, saw my cousin so we had a bit of a blat in the cars. Pulled up next to him at the next stop and we both noticed the car idoling funny. Rising up and down and not sitting steady. So i pull up thinking i should check it out and turn the car off. Look around at battery terminals etc... The when i went to start the car again it fired up, did the funny idol again and then died. Had to jump start and i had to keep giving it gas to stop it from stalling. managed to drive it all the way home, very uncomfortable (braking, shifting and giving gas). What could this be? <_< it would also completely shut down when it was in neutral. Also it wont start now but the dash lights will still light up so the battery isn't all the way gone. Also no sound from the engine bay when i turn the key... Any imput is great.

Thanks. :wacko:

Does the alternator light come on with the key? Try jump starting, if it starts - does the light go off?

- May have a charging issue. Are the battery connections clean & tight? (not that this will cause it to cut out) Not charging will though.

There could be a few things to cause these symptoms - if not familiar then best to get it checked professionally.

The idling surges give me the impression it has something to do with the ICV (Idle Control Valve) which is an easy fix but i've only heard of the problem on M50's. Might help?