Sign in to follow this  
dereklau007

E39 Date and Time Preference Settings

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the reason behind the date and time preference setting options are not mutually exclusive? Because I wanted to have the date format in dd/mm and the time format in 12h; however when I select the dd/mm date format the time format automatically selects to the 24h format and vice versa.

If it can't be helped then it can't be helped but not sure if someone else has noticed or someone else has a way to overcome the formatting of the preference settings.

Thanks in advance for tips

Kind Regards,

Derek

Does anyone know the reason behind the date and time preference setting options are not mutually exclusive? Because I wanted to have the date format in dd/mm and the time format in 12h; however when I select the dd/mm date format the time format automatically selects to the 24h format and vice versa.

If it can't be helped then it can't be helped but not sure if someone else has noticed or someone else has a way to overcome the formatting of the preference settings.

That's the way BMW designed it.

Unfortunately there is no ability to change it unless you want to redesign the software inside your instrument cluster :-)

The instrument cluster generates the time and date, the radio or nav just displays it.

Yes I & numerous others I have spoken to have commented on that - ours just stays on 24hr clock - better that than the yanks mm/dd set up

Thanks for confirming guys, just thought maybe someone had a way around it but that's ok! I can also live with the 24h setting