Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Race Brake Pads - Performance Friction PFC-01 for E46 M3s

The real deal Race brake pads for E46 M3s (will fit E46 M3s and CSLs and Z4 Ms)

I imported these privately from the USA - full set both front and rear.

These are performance friction PFC-01s - top spec RACE ONY brake pads (operating temp over 2000 degrees F).

They were test fitted and bedded in properly and then taken out of my CSL because they were simply too noisy for normal road use and didn't really work when cold - but when warmed up the stopping power was phenominal.

Popular race pads for those that do the Nurburgrings and club level races and even cup level racing in the USA.

These cost over $800 full set (including shipping and tax to NZ) ... I will let them go for $500 .... only bedded in, NEVER used on the track and only once on the road for about 10km ...

I don't recommend these for daily use, although some people in the USA do do it.

More from Performance Friction website:

"Racing champions know Performance Friction Brakes. Hundreds of races and more than 1,500 championships have been won on Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads, ranging from NASCAR Winston Cup to IndyCar to the Australian Porsche Cup. Last year alone, over 120 racing champions all over the world drove to victory on Performance Friction brakes."

PCF-01 Compound

Released in 2001,this compound has increased initial bite and improved modulation. The friction level has been increased for the first two-thirds of the braking event, with flatter torque curve and more linear friction curve compared to 83 and 93. This allows the driver to attack the brake pedal later, reducing the time spent on the brakes. Very smooth release will not over-slow the car, and won't overwhelm the car's set-up.

Like 97 compound, 01 has excellent modulation characteristics that improve controllability and driver confidence. 01 uses Performance Frictions unique lubrication package that maintains a minimal transfer layer on the disc to help prevent brake judder and provide excellent release properties, therefore reducing overall drag in the brake system. 01 is extremely easy on the discs with very low wear. Effective from 167F and reach 2000F (75C , reach 1100C), optimum operating range is between 860F and 1004F (460C and 540C).

Reason for selling - I've got an Alcon Monoblock 6 pot Big Brake kit coming for my car, so these are no longer needed ....

Tardme link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=158734720

Edited by M3_Power

Reason for selling - I've got a Alcon Monoblock 6 pot Big Brake kit coming for my car, so these are no longer needed ....

B) Awesome!

Good luck with the sale. Are you planning to sell the CSL brakes or keeping them to return the car to stock later on?

B) Awesome!

Good luck with the sale. Are you planning to sell the CSL brakes or keeping them to return the car to stock later on?

I might sell the CSL brakes ... I'll see - they are quite a good upgrade for the normal M3s ... 345mm discs.

The Alcons should be fun, 365mm true floating discs and graduated 6 piston monoblock fixed Aluminium calipers.