Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Mechanic apprenticeship or something similar

Hey all,

My mate has just asked me about mechanic apprenticeships etc, and I figured this being a car forum, someone is bound to know. He is looking for an apprenticeship or some work similar to this to get into the industry.

He is pretty clued up on cars (has transplanted an sr20 into a pulsar GTI, is currently restoring/converting an e21 318i auto to manual and done many other car related things). He has completed a Certificate in Applied Technology (automotive engineering) at Unitec with an A average, and has just completed one semester of the Bachelor in Applied Technology (automotive engineering) but has decided it is not what he wants to do.

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding one etc.

Regards,

Ian.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...he doesn't want to get into diesels, and the army is not for him. Any other ideas? Maybe places to go and enquire?

this is what i recomend.

step one. write up a cv with all that stuff he did at unitec. even include all the stuf about the transplants etc

step two. walk into every dealership garage and other garages that dont look to dodge (dealership garage is the best place to start imo) and hand the cv to the service manager or general manager and ask for an aplication

thats probably the best way to go

As far as I can remember MIT did the apprenticeships but that was 10 years ago. They could tell you where to go now if they don't do it anymore.