Sign in to follow this  
fearjay17

E30 brakes

Im new to the BMW world, purchased an E30 and want to get bigger brakes... i would like to know if there is any other car that would have brakes that i could drop on to the E30 or if i could get some performance brakes that isnt going to hurt my pocket... im planning on swapping the engine so need to save money for that...

Sorry but dont know of any kind of straight bolt on brake upgrades that are cheap but have to commend you for thinking about ugrading the E30's crap brakes before doing an engine swap not the other way around!

only bolt on solution is 5 lug conversion using either e36 or e30 M3 parts. other wise its spend $$ on a BBK or make your own.

Edited by Mike

Yea i want to upgrade the brakes because i have a thing for brakes just as much for power... ill keep you all posted on my progress, tomorrow im taking it to a auto body to get an estimate for the body work... quick question is it a quick conversion to put the e36 5-stud, like can i do it myself?

Edited by FearJay17

Kind of - its a smorgesboard of parts that you need to hunt down though, but nothing tricky to get them in.

There is a thread or two on it:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=14851

Basically cheapest way is E36 front struts with offset rear bushes for the front control arms and you should convert to adjustable strut tops (with a cert, but engine transplant will need anyway) to get enough camber. A spacer between the strut and the hub carrier will do the same job but may or may not cause clearance issues.

Rear is easier - 318ti trailing arms, but they aren't a brake upgrade really.

It's not quite that simple, but there are various guides out there which list the parts in more details.

Edited by CamB