Sign in to follow this  
ethreesix

guard rolling

anyone know of somewhere in wellington who can offer a good price? or should i just go with the old baseball bat trick....?

Love the latest comment about NZ. Wonder how well this works? I thought it would have the potential to make them uneven

wont make uneven, this is to only roll the small lip inside the guard, it dosnt flare the guard at all.

Worth to got to magwearhouse got mine done there for $60 mint job and now have full lock

There is a guy in Auckland who does tinting and guard rolling. $45.00 a guard. I can't remember his name but it should be in the yellow pages.

He is mobile. He tinted my car and did an excellent job, I just wish I had used him to roll my guards, but that's another story.

Edited by briancol

wont make uneven, this is to only roll the small lip inside the guard, it dosnt flare the guard at all.

yes you can flare it, i did it with my e36 i wound the coilovers all the way down, and got two of my mates too sit in the back and one to drive, flared it about 20mm with no paint cracking as long as you use a heat gun prior to rolling. if you dont have coilovers just get people to sit on the boot or in the back seat, and pull the pole slightly upwards.

haha ghetto fabulous.

Edited by togate

$45 guard?!?! is that the elite tint guy? if so i got ripped, i paid $70 each for mine <_<

$45 guard?!?! is that the elite tint guy? if so i got ripped, i paid $70 each for mine <_<

I can't remember the guy's name, (will have to see if I still have his card when I get home) but he did quote me $45.00 per guard, and he has a proper rolling machine.

I can't remember the guy's name, (will have to see if I still have his card when I get home) but he did quote me $45.00 per guard, and he has a proper rolling machine.

yea the guy that did mine had the guard roller, and heat gun etc, but i did get mine done at a tyre shop with the use of their lifts etc

Magwarehouse in Takapuna do them for $35 a gaurd.

Theres a badass E30 caged out drifter there at the moment with x9's on and they've flared the f**k out of the rears with just the gaurd rolling machine.Nick's really onto it.

Try them

Magwearhouse in mt welligton did my fronts for 60 for both