Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

Check break lights warning.. help!

Hiya, every time I power on my car, and after I take the key out it says check break lights - warning. Now I have checked them and they are all fine, anyway to correct this without taking it to the mechanic, and why did this happen, could it be a loose connection??

Thanks for any help!

Pretty common problem I am told, it could be a faulty switch. Hotwire should be able to elaborate.

btw, a single LED out on a spoiler can affect the check control. But you don't have a spoiler do you, 'cause yours is a motorsport.

Pretty common problem I am told, it could be a faulty switch. Hotwire should be able to elaborate.

btw, a single LED out on a spoiler can affect the check control. But you don't have a spoiler do you, 'cause yours is a motorsport.

Naw mine isnt a motorsport, and I don't have a spoiler, I've just check it again today, and behold there's no problem! I think it might have something to do with having not garaged it before, last night I chucked it in the garage and it seems fine now.

Sorry mate, must have got you mixed up with someone else.

I wouldn't be to sure its fixed though, it might be fine now but it might come back unfortunately. Keep an eye on it, and see if it comes back.

Hiya, every time I power on my car, and after I take the key out it says check break lights - warning. Now I have checked them and they are all fine, anyway to correct this without taking it to the mechanic, and why did this happen, could it be a loose connection??

Thanks for any help!

Common problems:

1. old lightbulbs soon to fail. The filament resistance changes. Buy 3 x new lightbulbs (cheap) and see if it fixes it.

2. the solder-blob centre contact on the lightbulb has worn down due to vibration, and no longer making good contact with the bulb holder. Buy 3 x new light bulbs

3. The bulb holder is corroded / dirty / oxidsed and making poor contact. Check and clean all 3 bulb holders.

4. A loose wire - unlikely. But check the connectors for the taillight assemblies are properly fitted, and clean

The bulb that causes problems first is generally the centre brake light. The holders can cause trouble. Replace the bulb holder if it shows any sign of heat distortion.