Sign in to follow this  
Huttey

1986 E30 320i

Hi, my little run-around E30 which I've had for the last 15 years is starting suffer from old age, problems are fogging up all the time and wet carpets front passenger and boot. So must be some leaks somewhere and probably a few blocked vents so air not getting in, any hints or thoughts ?

PS anyone parting out some decent carpet for this 4 door.

for passenger side leaks check around the loom where it comes through the firewall up behind the glove box. It can often rust behind there.

I had this happen to me, major PITA. does you car have a sunroof? cause of mine turned out to be rusted rear sunroof drain, rusted so bad the hose had come away completely. That seal around it doesn't do sh*t to seal the water out, so when it rained the water came through my headlining and onto the carpet. to fix it I had to remove the headlining and make up a new corner piece with an attachment for the drain tube and weld it all in. Its kind of hard to describe unless you've pulled the headling down and had a look.

Theres a bit of info round on here and e30zone with info on where the drains are and how to clear them, I can't remember where they are but a searh should dig them up.

Edited by Mike

Sorry to hear about the leak, i'm parting a prefl e30 sedan, and have carpet. if your interested pm me.

Thanks will ghave a search and see what I find