Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

Facelift E39 CD Changer help!

Hiya, I've decided to give up spending $400 on the ipod adapter since I'm selling the car within the next 12 months! So I'm looking at CD changers for my facelift E39. I found this link on trademe... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-165342350.htm

1). will this fit?

2). is it any good!?

I'm basically interested in buying a 6 cd+ changer which can replace my stock changer with no modification, can play MP3s (and see them their tags in the car) and price wise - $200 or less.

Thanks for any recommendations/help :D

Hiya, I've decided to give up spending $400 on the ipod adapter since I'm selling the car within the next 12 months! So I'm looking at CD changers for my facelift E39. I found this link on trademe... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-165342350.htm

1). will this fit?

2). is it any good!?

I'm basically interested in buying a 6 cd+ changer which can replace my stock changer with no modification, can play MP3s (and see them their tags in the car) and price wise - $200 or less.

That Sony 10CD changer will not fit your E39 (unless you use mounting hardware and a protocol adapter)

The original plug-and-play CD changer is the 6CD "BMW CD Changer A", made by Alpine.

Any other changer -like that Sony 10CD- requires a protocol converter/adapter to allow it to be controlled by the stereo.

MP3 song titles is only available on the original BMW MP3 CD changers from about 2003 onwards, and only if you have the latest versions of the new-generation radio (from about 2003).

If you fit a BMW MP3 CD changer to your car with a pre-2003 radio, you will only get disc, folder and track number. No text.

Here's the right CD changer for your car, no MP3 capability:

E39 CD changer

Currently around 40 for sale on eBay.de

Here's one with MP3:

E39 MP3 CD changer

Currently 12 for sale on eBay in Germany.

I see the iPod interfaces for the E39 are only 99 Euros (around NZD $200), brand new.

Where??! Link me please :)

I did link it.

You have to click the link to follow it.

I did link it.

You have to click the link to follow it.

Sorry I ment the $99 euro Ipod adapter!

Sorry I ment the $99 euro Ipod adapter!

Sigh. Doesn't anyone know how to search these days.

I'm not gonna give a link, I'm gonna tell you how to find it:

1. www.ebay.de

2. search for "bmw ipod interface"

3. guess whats at the top of the list....??