Sign in to follow this  
mikep

89 318 coup

have bought a 89fl 318 coup and have a 325 manual 89 four door would like to put the 325 and manual in the 318 is it a big hastel to change the eletricks the 318 is mint and wouyld be worthy of sum efort any imput would be awsum thanks

get some , and .

many people have done the swap, there will be a bit of playing with wiring but shouldn't be too bad as you'll have everything you need from the 325i. Quite a few other bits as well you should swap over too like suspension (front struts and sway bars), brakes, entire drivetrain (driveshaft, diff, and axles) as the 325 stuff is a bit bigger and stronger. It is a bit of work to do it properly, and you could take the chance to do a bit of maintenance too, but if the 318 body is mint you'll have a pretty nice ride when its all done.

also- people appreciate it if you spell and write properly on here, you'll get much more help if you do.

okie mike i apoligise for my limited education i blame it on so called free education but thanks heaps was just wondering if it a simple unplug and reasmble

No it's not, is the 318 manual or auto? If the 318's manual it's a little easier, not a weekend job tho.

Do-able, but a few small engine bay fittings need to be added, radiator setup's different, as you have both cars it is easier, but you'd lose them both for a week or two if you did it yourself and it went well. What's wrong with the 325, or do you like the coupe factor? Quite a few 325 manual coupes out there at the moment, might be a better option?