Sign in to follow this  
b-buzzin

E30 HANDBRAKE CABLE

Have just replaced both rear cross arms new hub etc etc and now need to change the hand brake cables over on one side. i loosend the bolt underneath the handbrake in the car but it feels like theres something else holding it in when i pull on the cable, dont wana pull to hard cause this proceedure is new too me, any ideas?

Hello

I have taken a rear sub frame out before. Just to clarify, you have taken the nut off the handbrake cable at the handbrake. If so when you are pulling the hand brake out there is a metal pipe that it slots into and comes out underneath. The rubber cover over the handbrake cable slots into the metal pipe i found that this was in very tight. No pulling would get it out so i twisted it and that did the trick to loosen it up.

Adam

You may well need to undo (or at least loosen) the 3 13mm bolts that secure the handbrake lever to the floor.

The metal adjusment end of the cable needs to release from under the cable guide on the lever itself before the cable can slide out through the tube.