Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Electric windows

Hey guys as some of you know e30 windows work when the doors are open, mine still do! But they are very temporary when the doors shut, sometimes they work, other times the lights on the switches fade or die, and the window will not work?

Could it be a connection in the switch??? Somehow i think its more as they work fine with doors open..? Help!

If they work with doors open and dont work when doors closed I would suspect a loose/worn wire where the wiring loom goes from car body to door.

Have had the same problem with one of my other cars (mitsi quad cam V6 Diamante) also the old tow wagon Fairmont does it in the wet.

Nice one, yes you could be right, as its temporary when they are closed.. ill check the door switch contacts too, just when the weathers better!!

Hey guys as some of you know e30 windows work when the doors are open, mine still do! But they are very temporary when the doors shut, sometimes they work, other times the lights on the switches fade or die, and the window will not work?

Could it be a connection in the switch??? Somehow i think its more as they work fine with doors open..? Help!

Have covered this before:

Do they only not work when the door is nearly shut - interior light turning off? Is this consistant?

Do the mirrors & fan not work either?

If so - the unloader relay is not working -K7 from memory.

Check for a loose /disconnected black wire (from memory) at the starter - this is the wire that earths the relay to allow those circuits to operate