Sign in to follow this  
mackt

e39 Handset probs

Me again!

Handsfree is working fine and I can use the handset for dialing and all the buttons work.

But when I goes from handsfree and try and use the handset I can just hear the voice with the volume turned to max.

Once again I seek the wisdom of the forum...

Thanks again

Handsfree is working fine and I can use the handset for dialing and all the buttons work.

But when I goes from handsfree and try and use the handset I can just hear the voice with the volume turned to max.

Once again I seek the wisdom of the forum...

What model BMW telephone? There are many....

Tell me the chassis number, and describe the phone as much as you can (fixed handset, wireless handset, bluetooth, etc) and I'll look up the wiring diagram for your car.

It would also help if you tell me the phone manufacturer (on the telephone transceiver in the boot, above the CD changer / amplifier)

Sounds like you have the fixed, cabled, handset. But I want to be sure.

Hi Jochen

The handset is

BMW 84.11 - 6907670

MSN: 910RAN0P66

Hope thats of some use.

Tim

Hey mackt,sorry to hijack ur thread but I'm looking to get mine going-if you dont mind,how much was the sim & are there any particular specs & did you fit it in the boot unit or the handset? Cheers mate.

Edited by 1rotty

Hey mackt,sorry to hijack ur thread but I'm looking to get mine going-if you dont mind,how much was the sim & are there any particular specs & did you fit it in the boot unit or the handset? Cheers mate.

No worries

I just went into a Vodafone store and asked for a Super Prepay and $35 later I had my sim card (leave it in the credit card sized card holder -as this is what fits in the sim reader)

The slot by the handset didn't seem to work so placed it in the unit in the boot (LHS above CD changer) and all's fine.Then you can just do a prepay top up.

Tim

Cool-thanks very much for that Tim.

OK, you have the SA629 phone optionn with the Motorola GSM phone

Unfortunately the wiring diagram doesn't offer any extra clues.

I'd suggest

1. Try a new handset (just plugs in) to determine if the fault is in the handset

2. If in the handset, check the actual speaker inside the handset

3. Check the cable connections to the handset and eject box are good. Remove connectors, look for dirt and corrosion, clean as necessary.

Easiest way to diagnose if you are non technical is to compare to another vehicle with a working system side-by-side.

Thanks fot that Jochen

I'll go and have a play.

Tim

Hi Tim - saw this if you havent sorted ur phone prob.Could possibly help.

Got mine set up - more buttons & cool things to play with!!

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/417242

Hey 1rotty thats a great bit of info. I'll be off to Dick Smiths in the morning! Just need to get the car back from the upholsterers!

Hey 1rotty thats a great bit of info. I'll be off to Dick Smiths in the morning! Just need to get the car back from the upholsterers!

No worries.The upholsterer?

No worries.The upholsterer?

Yeh, the leathers getting a once in a lifetime makeover!