Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

Something a little different

Something a little different in the E36 range. Needs a good wash and might give the engine bay a birthday one day, tidy it up. And I must do something about the exhaust pipe one day. Have never liked it, but it serves a purpose, and does it well.

post-1332-1217743472_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1217743505_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1217743539_thumb.jpg

post-1332-1217743712_thumb.jpg

Edited by melowpuf

Cool man. What kind of fuel economy do you get out of it?

Its a little bit expensive to run ;) It cost me $76 to drive from Auckland to Wellington and back up to Auckland again towing a jetski :P Did the round trip on less than a tank.

$13 Auckland to Bay of Islands towing an 18ft boat, compared to $90 in my E34 (driver and 2 passengers).

Its a great little car.

Damn you and your good fuel consumption! I think I have seen another diesel E36 around by Auckland hospital, cant remeber what colour it was but there was a lady driving

Damn you and your good fuel consumption! I think I have seen another diesel E36 around by Auckland hospital, cant remeber what colour it was but there was a lady driving

Probably my Mum. We work together in town. *wonders why she was at the hospital*

According to BMW and LTNZ its the only one registered in the country. Had a few issues with insurance as they didn't have another one to compare it with, so we have an agreed value of $1X,XXX. :D Bought it with a fueling issue and was pretty confident I knew what was causing it, and sure enough. The fix involved a screw driver and an air compressor.

Will be getting leather interior in the near future and aircon. Summer is a killer without it. Other than that I like her the way she is.

I envy your fuel consumption. What are the specs?

Pretty weird seeing that little downpipe at the back!

I envy your fuel consumption. What are the specs?

Pretty weird seeing that little downpipe at the back!

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed when I first went to look at it, the drainpipe off the back. It is OEM so it stays. Other than that I can't fault the car, except its not quite as comfortable as my E34's.

Specs for it are:

Fuel: Diesel

Fuel Delivery: Intercooled Turbo injection

Transmission: Manual

Gears: 5 Speed

Engine Size: 2498 cc

Cylinders: 6

Power Output: 143 bhp

Valves: 12

Torque: 260 Nm

Torque: 192 lb/ft

Edited by melowpuf