Sign in to follow this  
Mash

evo4 overheating

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what this may mean.

An evo4 is overheating, and we may think it is a water leak (new water is put in and the water just disappears.)

So to my knowledge this means a water leak, am i stuffed? Will it coast a lot to get fixed?

Regards

it could be simple, or something more sinister... have you checked all the coolant hoses and hose clamps? thats where to start... look for hoses mis-shaped and swollen or cracked, and loose clamps or where the hose is not securely on. Hope that helps

Cheers

Tomo

it could be simple, or something more sinister... have you checked all the coolant hoses and hose clamps? thats where to start... look for hoses mis-shaped and swollen or cracked, and loose clamps or where the hose is not securely on. Hope that helps

Cheers

Tomo

will have a check tomorrow, any where you would recommend me to take the evo to get a check before purchasing? That would give me full detail? and what is the site to check number plates? cheer

make sure you dont cook it ..did that to my vr4 just take it into a shop where they no about mitsis and performance cars and get it checked out proper

Yeah going to book it in tomorrow and then i should be able to bring around to the drinks at p'z and it be heck of fun haha. cheers

bring it round ull know what we do to it after a bottle of beam an packs of cigz

yeah i know what you will do, have it sitting on the ground unable to turn haha. Nah yeah will get a check done though.

Then bring on the mods haha

ahh you sh*t haha, nah yeah will do. hope there is some nice decent cars there! A shame my slab will not make it.

ahh you sh*t haha, nah yeah will do. hope there is some nice decent cars there! A shame my slab will not make it.

sh*t me! thats sick!! shame im not getting paid enough to ski, and buy a 740i on bags.

keen on a e39 on 20s tho

well, i wouldn't mind a bagged 5 or c-class, if i sell the evo-4

did u sell the beema for the 4? wait till you start having trouble not a good feeling had a vr4 and rb20 drift laurel euros best:)

hahaha will not have the car for long, already moving on to getting a e39 or e-class bug eye.

dont know specifics of mitsi evo.Sometimes the water pump is stuffef and the coolant can leak out there...

Yeah that was the problem, so wasn't a biggie!