Sign in to follow this  
Five Star

e21 4 speed to 5 speed conversion

Looking for prices on this, otherwise I'll be looking around for a decent donor car for a long..

You might want to specify whether its a 6 or 4 cylinder.

Oops. 6 Cylinder. I'll check up if there's any other details I need to include..

A Getrag 260 (E30 325) or 240 (E30 320) should bolt right up to your M20.

Depending on the input shaft your clutch etc... may be fine to use, clutch forks etc... may need swapping if the clutch is actuated differently, same with the gear selector.

I would suggest getting a complete Manual conversion that someone has forsale, that way you have everything you could need.

A Getrag 260 (E30 325) or 240 (E30 320) should bolt right up to your M20.

Depending on the input shaft your clutch etc... may be fine to use, clutch forks etc... may need swapping if the clutch is actuated differently, same with the gear selector.

I would suggest getting a complete Manual conversion that someone has forsale, that way you have everything you could need.

But if he wants a working speedo, it will need to be an e21 box, I believe.

I'm pretty sure the mounts are different.

It's not an auto... I'll need a new box and driveshaft (depends how much it'll cost to get the current one modified).

I'm pretty sure the mounts are different.

It's not an auto... I'll need a new box and driveshaft (depends how much it'll cost to get the current one modified).

My mate (who bought CamB's e21 5pseed box, THANKS BTW, almost up and running :)) had his driveshaft lengthened 15mm for $300 at a place in Wiri, hope that helps.

My mate (who bought CamB's e21 5pseed box, THANKS BTW, almost up and running :)) had his driveshaft lengthened 15mm for $300 at a place in Wiri, hope that helps.

:)

I had hoped to get an electronic speedo for the cash difference (I've already got an inductive sensor) but ... not looking good at the moment. Haha. My loss is his gain...