Sign in to follow this  
mackt

Leather makeover e39

I'm currently going through withdrawl the 540i has the seats out and they are getting a makeover.

Takes 5 days, leather is being cleaned, redyed (black) and then made all nice and soft again.

The 540 is 8 years old and the seats were looking tired and white scuff areas on some seams, there are no cracks yet. Thought a bit oflove now will see them looking great for another 8 years.

So I'm looking forward to reporting back how they come up and what it cost...

Who's doing the work for you and what product/system are they using? Sounds primo, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the difference!

Who's doing the work for you and what product/system are they using? Sounds primo, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the difference!

Owen Brown Auto Upholstery, he's outsourced this to someone from Dunedin.

It sounds a little extreme, you should try some of this Liquid Leather absolutely superb stuff and you only have to do without the car for a few hours whilst it soaks in :)

Maybe I should have called it "extreme" makeover :P

Edited by mackt

Look at that!

Last Post was number 100 :D

It sounds a little extreme, you should try some of this Liquid Leather absolutely superb stuff and you only have to do without the car for a few hours whilst it soaks in :)

Who sells it here??

I went to saddlerywarehouse.co.nz, actually went to the local store.

They have an amazine array of leather care products covering all care and conditions of leather.

Really good products but more importantly - great pricing.

The hardest part was selecting a product to suit.

I went to saddlerywarehouse.co.nz, actually went to the local store.

They have an amazine array of leather care products covering all care and conditions of leather.

Really good products but more importantly - great pricing.

The hardest part was selecting a product to suit.

Suggest that if you deal with people who know and use leather, trust in their advice perhaps. Let them reccomend. I did. I used a $10 product exactly how they told me to and the result was nothing short of astounding! Only used it yesterday so can't comment on long term result, but the if the immediate result is any indication, I have nothing to worry about.