Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

The X5 V8

It goes as good as it looks, it's in A1 condition & I'm bloody fussy. Took a few pics, arrived back from Auckland this arvo after a long weekend driving!

Have a few pictorials for all to see.

One thing to point out with these trucks is the handling, it's superb for such a big heavy car. If anyone knows the road to Akaroa (80km from Christchurch), I had the tyres screeching in the wet! FA bodyroll also & the stability management keeps you in a straight line.

post-2864-1219558001_thumb.jpg

post-2864-1219558052_thumb.jpg

post-2864-1219558097_thumb.jpg

post-2864-1219558161_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deeveus525i

Very nice mate, love the interior!

Yeah the interior is mint but just not keen on that woodgrain, more a fan of the silver myself. Wonder if they are interchangeable???

Example:

Posted Image

Yeah the interior is mint but just not keen on that woodgrain, more a fan of the silver myself. Wonder if they are interchangeable???

Haha, yea, call me weird but I actually like that kind of woodgrain. :P But the silver also looks great as well. I assume they are interchangeable. As long as the X5 you take it out of is pretty much exactly the same as the one you're putting it into, because of the holes for different parts, etc. I don't know!!

Nice purchase mate!

Sounded like a fun drive home.

Example:

Posted Image

Looks great. You can buy the kits but they are bloody expensive. The guys at Claytons said more often than not they have them painted instead. Not sure how they last but a cheaper option

Ahh ok yeah.

Dunno with paint, would it be durable enough being applied to that glossy surface?

Dunno with paint, would it be durable enough being applied to that glossy surface?

You would need to sand the gloss down to get the paint to stick.

You would need to sand the gloss down to get the paint to stick.

You dont need to sand right off-enough for a good base and then use an etch primer-easy as & tough as nails if done right.Etch,Colour,Clear .

Going to do the same to mine.

is there a carbon fibre look nstead of the silver trim?...Cains 540 (an e34 ) has a kinda black stained timber woodgrain...another option perhaps??Is the x5 trim the same as the 540??

Example:

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure they pull off and you click the metal trim ones on (once you've found them - Ebay?)

is there a carbon fibre look nstead of the silver trim?...Cains 540 (an e34 ) has a kinda black stained timber woodgrain...another option perhaps??Is the x5 trim the same as the 540??

Yes there is a carbon fibre option but as M3cab said they're very expensive.

Yep they are fully interchangable, just ring around some wreckers in auckland and you can pick up a whole set pretty cheaply, there was a full set avaialble for an e39 for $200 a little while back.

I've seen a few X5's with the silver / titanium trim (only avaliable on SportPac) and it doesn't last very well, chipping, flaking and scratching easily once it is a few years old. The 'wood' trim defintely seems to take the knocks alot better over time.