Sign in to follow this  
JiB

Has anyone here fitted 16x9's?

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with 9" wheels on a PFL E30.

By my calculations I'll need something like 5p to clear the front strut. But Google tells me that 11p 16x9's have fitted to the front of an E30. But I have a suspicion that it may not have been a 51mm strut car.

Will try and run 225/40/16's as they are rated for a 9" wide wheel. But at this stage all looks like an awful amount of hassle just for wheels. Especially seeing I have no power to justify the width :lol:

15x8 with 0 offset clear 51mm struts

I ran 16x8 with 21p offset and they hit the strut, so i added a 25mm spacer and they cleared by about 8mm from the strut. so you will probably clear the strut with a +5 offset on a 9inch rim. On the rear a 9 with a +10 offset would be mint.

what type of wheel is it?

Edited by togate

I reckon you'll need less tyre/more stretch than that, even if the wheel clears the strut.

yeah he will, atleast a 215/40, EDIRTY ran 205/40/16 on his e30. A 225 will stick out like dogs balls, unless your keen to flare.

Edited by togate

I have some 205/50/16's Proxes4's sitting in my shed...so maybe I can stretch those. Toyo's are pretty stretch friendly due to their jelly sidewalls.

I ran 16x8 with 21p offset and they hit the strut, so i added a 25mm spacer and they cleared by about 8mm from the strut. so you will probably clear the strut with a +5 offset on a 9inch rim. On the rear a 9 with a +10 offset would be mint.

I'm sure you've got that wrong on the 16x8 et21, that means you've only got 2mm less on the inside than my schnitzer and I definatley have more clearance than that, not to mention the rota slips for e30 are 16x8 ET20.

Most of the euro 16x9 wheel come with ET15, I cant remember whether its a 3 or 5mm spacer to clear 51mm struts. none needed in the rear. your going to have to do some guard work either way when your running rims that wide.

id run a 215/40 if I was you, people have made 205/45 work though

Edited by Mike

Most of the euro 16x9 wheel come with ET15, 5mm spacer to clear 51mm struts giving ET10. none needed in the rear. But put a 5mm one in the rear to keep it even with the front. You will need a little guard work to rims that wide. 215/40/16s are the best , trust me Ive done allot or research into it hence what Ive just had arrive...........;)

haha sorry I couldnt be stuffed explaining it in my own words when you said it so well :) ive just gotta go buy my 215/40/16s now......

Well, I've ended up with 16x7 and 16x8 staggered fitment. Just in better fitment, forged Volks :)

Still need loads of guard rolling though.