Sign in to follow this  
moods

m20 inlet manifold

Im looking for info on m3 style triple butterfly inlet manifold to fit m20 engine.cheers Graham

You can get something custom made using DCOE pattern throttle bodies and a DCOE manifold. If you google "M20 ITB" it comes up with stuff, as does "M20 DCOE manifold". You can get the DCOE pattern throttle bodies here in NZ, but I don't know if anyone stocks the manifold.

Unless you run an airbox leading to the airflow meter it will need an aftermarket ECU, etc etc (I suspect you already know that).

I am sure it is possible to adapt BMW parts to do the same job, but personally if I started down the path of making a manifold to adapt them I'd track down some Black top Toyota 4AGE ones as they're comparatively cheap.

Edited by CamB

Yeah that bling comes up when you google what I said above. Awesome.

There's a thread somewhere here with pics of someones setup on ITBs - I am sure of it. A car with heaps of fabrication. I've spent nearly 10 mins searching and am giving up.

I take it you mean the ITB's?

This can be yours for $4459 NZ + Shipping

Posted Image

LOL! Only $4459 NZ + shipping?! Why thats basically a steal! Would be easier and infinitely cheaper to adapt a 4age quad throttle setup.

LOL! Only $4459 NZ + shipping?! Why thats basically a steal! Would be easier and infinitely cheaper to adapt a 4age quad throttle setup.

If you were paying someone by the hour, and had an intake manifold and plenum made, I bet it wouldn't be cheaper.

I take it you mean the ITB's?

This can be yours for $4459 NZ + Shipping

Posted Image

That is a lot of money but at least you only need to buy it ONCE! (still affordable if you add up all the other dopey mods people waste money on)

There's a thread somewhere here with pics of someones setup on ITBs - I am sure of it. A car with heaps of fabrication. I've spent nearly 10 mins searching and am giving up.

Sorry this is late BUT that would be my car you are looking for. I have lots of photos if anyone is interested, email me and I will do my best to send you some (we are just on dialup so photos take a while to send) [morine@xtra.co.nz]

Wayne.

Sorry this is late BUT that would be my car you are looking for. I have lots of photos if anyone is interested, email me and I will do my best to send you some (we are just on dialup so photos take a while to send) [morine@xtra.co.nz]

Wayne.

couple of pics of a setup on a friend of mines car. He races in the Castrol BMW Race Series open class. One of the most powerful M20's in the country, it makes around 260hp with very good torque, and the intake manifold is certainly a key part to this.Inside the airbox are six tapered carbon fibre trumpets.

The Dbilas system looks like good value for the money to me, all brand new and properly engineered, you would not buy a system like this if you had to pay to have the parts made, such as the manifold and airbox, and then buy new Weber DCOE pattern throttle bodies. (The system pictured below certainly cost more than this)

Sure you could probably knock up something cheaper with some old Toyota ITB's etc. but only if you could did the donkey work yourself, and you would still end up with second hand ITB's with probably a zillion miles on them, and maybe not ideal dimensions for the M20.

Conrad

post-764-1222459282_thumb.jpg

post-764-1222459308_thumb.jpg

post-764-1222459329_thumb.jpg

Edited by conrod