Sign in to follow this  
Nu-Del

My Toys

Hi Guys and Girls

Im trying to build something new and different so am upgrading from my Nissan Silvia S14 drift toy to something with a bit more class a E46 Sedan... The E46 I picked up cheaply just for the shell and she will have quite far to come befor its back being driven in anger but the plan is to build this into a new drift wepon

post-3397-1221019862_thumb.jpg

post-3397-1221019892_thumb.jpg

Dman, did the engine blow up or did someone set at it with a blow torch?

From what Ive been told someone poured paint on the bonnet and set it alight... kinda sad to see it happen to a car like that but means I plan and bringing it back from the dead

seen theat silly on trademe. you build it or buy it?

Hmmm the Sil should of never of been on trademe I built it myself and Ive never put it on trademe could of been a very simmilar one tho

Nice project. Have you got any video of yourself drifting? How much did the wreck cost?

Yea should be a fun project and something a bit different from the hords of Skylines and Silvias you see out there drifting.... no videos of me drifting thats the only pic Ive got still waiting for some pics from the last drift day I went to to show up on the net

The wreck cost me $500 Its a 318i done 140ks, plates still alive, auto, motor ran well Im told it is missing the seats, suspension, wheels and diff tho diff and I think the from the look of the pics Ive seen it needs a new front screen and front door glass (I havnt seen it in the flesh yet :( )but its going to be a long term project already have a motor to go in her a VQ30DET Nissan motor just trying to decide on what box to stick behind it a Supra W55 or a VG30DETT Nissan box

post-3397-1221027988_thumb.jpg

Yea should be a fun project and something a bit different from the hords of Skylines and Silvias you see out there drifting.... no videos of me drifting thats the only pic Ive got still waiting for some pics from the last drift day I went to to show up on the net

The wreck cost me $500 Its a 318i done 140ks, plates still alive, auto, motor ran well Im told it is missing the seats, suspension, wheels and diff tho diff and I think the from the look of the pics Ive seen it needs a new front screen and front door glass (I havnt seen it in the flesh yet :( )but its going to be a long term project already have a motor to go in her a VQ30DET Nissan motor just trying to decide on what box to stick behind it a Supra W55 or a VG30DETT Nissan box

My son has an SR20DET powered Sil-80 which he's set up for drift, and he's done a few training days at Taupo and Meremere. I showed him this thread, and he agreed that you have an interesting project lined up. We were intrigued trying to figure how you came up with this plan!! Did you have the VQ30DET lying around looking for a home already, or had you figured out what you wanted and hunted one down?

We're interested in following your progress too, and wish you the best.

Search Andy Sapp for inspiration on crabwalking E46's.

My friend has been researching either a VG30DETT or a VH41 conversion for his S13. VQ30DET would be a tight fit in a E46 (assuming you go twin turbo)! Not very wide in the engine bay, especially with all the necessary plumbing! Although they are a bit more compact than a VG, not to mention lighter being an all alloy block.

The Z32 g/box would be cheaper - less custom work? What engine management are you going to run? VQ's don't seem to like being transplanted without a standalone.

Will be watching with great interest.

My son has an SR20DET powered Sil-80 which he's set up for drift, and he's done a few training days at Taupo and Meremere. I showed him this thread, and he agreed that you have an interesting project lined up. We were intrigued trying to figure how you came up with this plan!! Did you have the VQ30DET lying around looking for a home already, or had you figured out what you wanted and hunted one down?

We're interested in following your progress too, and wish you the best.

It was kinda a plan that has been a long time coming and just fell into place, I did have a C33 project about a year ago that I was building and got the VQ for that but kinda lost interest in that so sold the VQ to a mate who has had it just sitting around so Ive made a deal to get it back off him

I have been toying with the idea of building a E36 skid car for a long time, the plan was to get a manual 325i and go from there but saw this and it was dirty cheap so here we are building an E46

Search Andy Sapp for inspiration on crabwalking E46's.

My friend has been researching either a VG30DETT or a VH41 conversion for his S13. VQ30DET would be a tight fit in a E46 (assuming you go twin turbo)! Not very wide in the engine bay, especially with all the necessary plumbing! Although they are a bit more compact than a VG, not to mention lighter being an all alloy block.

The Z32 g/box would be cheaper - less custom work? What engine management are you going to run? VQ's don't seem to like being transplanted without a standalone.

Will be watching with great interest.

The VQ is quite a compac engine which is really good cause it will fit into most engine bays without to much work, the plan is at first to keep it single turbo and maybe mod the stock manifold so that its a high rise but we really dont know till we get the car in the workshop and start mocking things up and see what were like for space, may end up mounting the turbo in front of the motor or going to 2 small turbos dont know yet.

The VQ came with an auto box on it so I have the auto bellhousing and all I should need to do to slap that onto a W55 is cut it to the right length and put a plate on the back so that would be easy but they arent the strongest box in the world another option is to just make an adaptor plate and run a VG30DETT box behind it but once again its something we wont know what we can do till we get the car as we are unsure how big the trans tunnel is

Im planning on running the VQ using a Link ECU and doing a full rewire of the engine car being a pretty much track dedicated wepon I will be able to ditch a lot of stuff.

sorry to bother you, just a quick question.

i wan to manual my VQ30DET gloria but are unsure of gearbox to get or who to get to make me up an adapter, any help?

a 350z gearbox bolts straight up (around 3k), you can use an rb20det or 25det (recommended) with custom bellhousing.

Edited by JZGTE

sorry to bother you, just a quick question.

i wan to manual my VQ30DET gloria but are unsure of gearbox to get or who to get to make me up an adapter, any help?

email the guys doing my conversion sales@ncpp.co.nz were using a 300ZX box plus a few tricks to get it to mate up to the motor :D

email the guys doing my conversion sales@ncpp.co.nz were using a 300ZX box plus a few tricks to get it to mate up to the motor :D

ohk thanks, let me know how it goes and the cost!