Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Things to do in Welly + e23 735i pickup

Hey guy/gals.

Just wondering if there is anything worth looking at down in Welly. Am flying down with a mate tomorrow morning to pickup an e23 735i manual with lsd which he's bought. Looks pretty mint from the pics. While down there he thought it'd be a good idea to see anything which is worthwhile down there (won't be there for long, maybe 1hr max).

Please let us know, will post pics of the car when we get back.

Cheers,

Ian.

You could rouse a few guys and have beer round obay. I wont be there but you might get 3 guys if the weathers aight.

Doesn't seem to be much on trademe. Few 320s on chromes and 525s.

Edited by tastic

Are you talking about the white e23 ?

I think you know of the one. The guy selling's name is Murray.

You could rouse a few guys and have beer round obay. I wont be there but you might get 3 guys if the weathers aight.

Doesn't seem to be much on trademe. Few 320s on chromes and 525s.

I don't think many people would be keen for a beer at about 9am on a friday. Haha. Where is obay?

I don't think many people would be keen for a beer at about 9am on a friday. Haha. Where is obay?

oh true. Oriental Bay.

Hey

On the way home. Drive over Paekakariki Hill if you don't know it already its a very tight windy road but lots of fun. Could be little tight for 7 series but would be good test for it. And if its clear day nice view from top.

you never know your luck.....how you getting from the airport to the e23( I know it too)If you can stomach a lift in a narrow grill e34 i could meet ya.

Hey

On the way home. Drive over Paekakariki Hill if you don't know it already its a very tight windy road but lots of fun. Could be little tight for 7 series but would be good test for it. And if its clear day nice view from top.

you never know your luck.....how you getting from the airport to the e23( I know it too)If you can stomach a lift in a narrow grill e34 i could meet ya.

Thanks Paul, but the guy selling the car is picking us up from the airport at about 8am. Then taking us to his place I think (no idea where he lives).

Hey

My mate would prob be keen to take it through it's paces, we'll try locate the place.

Hey guys, thought i'd report back with said pics.

Car is in pretty good shape for 210,000 miles. Goes well. Appears to be some minor rust in the bottom of a few of the doors and a little patch by the sunroof.

When my mate bought it, it hadn't had a warrant for about 4.5 yrs and the rego had been on hold for quite some time as the guy had planned on making it into a track toy. When he took it for a warrant, only failed on a brake light and the washers not spraying water, both easily remedied.

It has a bbs front and rear spoiler, which personally I think set it off well. Very nice to drive, and goes well for an early 80's boat, handles surprisingly well with uprated bushes, just need to remedy the body roll.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to do anything in Welly due to only leaving at 10am after chatting to the guy for about 1.5hrs.

Brought the thing up to Auckland on a pretty cruisy trip back (took about 9hrs including breaks, but had to get back before warriors game started! :)).

Pics are crap because i'm poor and only have my cellphone camera.

Enjoy.

post-2030-1222043051_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1222043066_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1222043078_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1222043090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Creaver

Hey guys, thought i'd report back with said pics.

Car is in pretty good shape for 210,000 miles. Goes well. Appears to be some minor rust in the bottom of a few of the doors and a little patch by the sunroof.

When my mate bought it, it hadn't had a warrant for about 4.5 yrs and the rego had been on hold for quite some time as the guy had planned on making it into a track toy. When he took it for a warrant, only failed on a brake light and the washers not spraying water, both easily remedied.

It has a bbs front and rear spoiler, which personally I think set it off well. Very nice to drive, and goes well for an early 80's boat, handles surprisingly well with uprated bushes, just need to remedy the body roll.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to do anything in Welly due to only leaving at 10am after chatting to the guy for about 1.5hrs.

Brought the thing up to Auckland on a pretty cruisy trip back (took about 9hrs including breaks, but had to get back before warriors game started! :)).

Pics are crap because i'm poor and only have my cellphone camera.

Enjoy.

post-2030-1222043051_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1222043066_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1222043078_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1222043090_thumb.jpg

I know him.......he just knocked on my door one day and offered to buy my car...had seen it a few times passing by

re body roll....lower springs and sway bars....

I know him.......he just knocked on my door one day and offered to buy my car...had seen it a few times passing by

re body roll....lower springs and sway bars....

The guy has 2x e30's, owned an e3 and a few other bmw's. I swear he didn't want to sell the car. His words...

"One condition of me selling this car to you...if you decide to sell it in the future, make sure that you offer it to me first."

He also had a sway bar made up by an engineering company specifically for this car...the blimmen thing has got to be at least 30-35mm large haha, weighs heaps. He said it handled worse, which probably translated into tonnes of understeer haha.

Nice bloke though.

So he offered to buy your 535iS?