Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Exhaust -

I have recently put on a new exhaust on my e30, standard 325 exhaust, twin pipe all the way through, to the muffler at the end. The middle muffler has been cut out, it definitely flows better than my previous one.

The problem is now, that the exhaust rattles/vibrates at certain RPM because the middle muffler is gone, it only does it at low RPM (1000 to 1500 rpm) and its like a loud twaaang.

Is there anything I can do to solve this? Its not a big deal is just starting to get on my nerves, I plan to install a resonator (or two) like a coby in the future, but in the meantime is there something I can do to stop the rattle? Its mounted in the middle, and at the back so its definitely secure. Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Alex.

I just have to say your car looks f**king mint in your sig :lol:

+3, 4, and 5.

Maybe you should chuck a couple pics up in the showroom. Please.

As for your problem, no idea how to fix it, would think a couple of cobys would do the trick tho, but I assume will make it louder to.

But for now, just rep it :lol:

Don't have to use Coby's either

I used 2x generic Resonators and staggered them to fit correctly on the twin pipe.

Worked great, with a nice sound but not too loud.

How much did the generic resonators cost? That sounds like a better option for me. Cobys in my experience have made things massively loud.