Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

E34 540is/ LE OWNERS (6 speed)BUY BMW CAR SEPT 08.

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SECURE SEPT MIGHT PAY TO ORDER NOW FROM YOUR LOCAL,(unless you have it flown out) BMW CAR MAGAZINE WILL HAVE A TEST ARTICLE ON YOUR CAR.......ONLY KNOW OF 3 ONRS, SIMON,CAIN & RAY.

That is if interested, otherwise i won't bother posting this nonsense.

Edit:August issue has the ultimate grudge match shootout.........THE ULTIMATE E34'S...............................................

ALPINA B10 Bi TURBO vs E34 M5 (3.8ltr)

Edit again: They should have included the 540is in the grudge match, would have been interesting!!!!!!!

Edited by mr E34

Thanks Boris

Very interested - will see where I can source the mag here

If you can't get it for some reason pm me & i will get it up here for you & post it to you.

Guest Simon*

If you can't get it for some reason pm me & i will get it up here for you & post it to you.

Awesome I might just do that :)

i think the write up was done on a guys car from the 540 i le( ie Cains car) site in Aussie

Edited by kiwi535

i think the write up was done on a guys car from the 540 i le( ie Cains car) site in Aussie

Yeah, think you are right because they only talk about Australian rare LE 540.

Thats the only downside Paul.

agreed...ultimate Q ship....imagine even the e 39 M5 owner surprise!

A couple of them left at Borders on Lambton Quay in Wellington, reading it now :)

The twin supercharged M5 looks the f&*^*&ing nuts too !

A couple of them left at Borders on Lambton Quay in Wellington, reading it now :)

The twin supercharged M5 looks the f&*^*&ing nuts too !

Yeah, thats in the August issue, also the latest 3 series coupe but fitted with the M5 V10.

I'll see if I can get it before I fly out. Otherwise, I'll grab one in Sydney next week.

Thanks

Guest Simon*

Well guys I haven't managed to find a copy of this down here in Napier. Has anyone bought it and read the 540i/6 article? If it's good I'd be v keen to get hold of a copy.

If I could trouble an Auckland member to perhaps grab one for me I'll happily reimburse. Am passing through (very quickly) this weekend too.

Cheers

Si

Well guys I haven't managed to find a copy of this down here in Napier. Has anyone bought it and read the 540i/6 article? If it's good I'd be v keen to get hold of a copy.

If I could trouble an Auckland member to perhaps grab one for me I'll happily reimburse. Am passing through (very quickly) this weekend too.

Cheers

Si

Will shoot up the the road to my bookie & have a look Simon, haven't seen that copy around in Auck yet.They are well behind for BMW Car, if you ever need a place to crash in Auck let me know, you can stop in here.

Im going to check out my usual magazine haunts today so will keep my eyes out for it :)

Happy to send it up if I find one.

Guest Simon*

Will shoot up the the road to my bookie & have a look Simon, haven't seen that copy around in Auck yet.They are well behind for BMW Car, if you ever need a place to crash in Auck let me know, you can stop in here.

Thanks Boris very good of you.

When time permits I'd be very keen to come and say g'day and have a look over the E34

I did find it and didn't buy it as it was an article on a Limited Edition M5, rather than a 540iS.

Maybe, I'll go back and get it soon.

Guest Simon*

I did find it and didn't buy it as it was an article on a Limited Edition M5, rather than a 540iS.

Maybe, I'll go back and get it soon.

Oh in that case forget it everyone - M5's are just common

If it's not about something interesting and rare like the iS or LE I can't be bothered ;)

Magazine out now Simon or others, not much chop im afraid....a few pictures + general overview of car...no testing figures etc. :(