Sign in to follow this  
xescuy

Best leather treatment

Hola

Can I get some feedback here please?

Looking to clean/treat/pamper the tan leather seats/dash etc. in my car.

What kind of product or product line would you guys and girls recommend.

Also I'm looking at doing the same thing with the outside so what kind of products would you recommend for that?

The paint is in good nick so I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible.

thanks

R

The Pelle cleaning and conditioning system is great and is what I used on my leather sports seats. Make sure you get the whole kit with the dye in it. I got mine from a furniture shop. I don't have a before shot but I'm sure you will agree the after one looks great.

post-769-1222839297_thumb.jpg

Edited by ducatiss

The Pelle cleaning and conditioning system is great and is what I used on my leather sports seats. Make sure you get the whole kit with the dye in it. I got mine from a furniture shop. I don't have a before shot but I'm sure you will agree the after one looks great.

Impressive!

Man that looks great! Ive used Pelle stuff before, not the full kit thing your talking about but the Pelle stuff I got worked good, softened the leather up quite well but I found for a few days the leather was sticky wasnt very nice.

Leatherique or Liquid Leather is supposed to be the absolute ducks nuts so I'll be giving that a go soon.

have just purchased some of the liquid leather stuff off their website. total cost according to their website will be $45 nzd to my door for the 250ml cleaner and 250ml conditioner.

will let ya know how fast they deliver and stuff :)

have just purchased some of the liquid leather stuff off their website. total cost according to their website will be $45 nzd to my door for the 250ml cleaner and 250ml conditioner.

will let ya know how fast they deliver and stuff :)

Post some before and after pics as well please.

will do. granted the leather in my e36 is in pretty good knick however this whole softning leather claim sounds pretty sweet! would not be opposed to the leather seats being a bit softer :D

Edited by danjah

You can go cheap with shoe polish as well if you are so inclined.

I've used the Pelle stuff and Meguiar 2-step. They are both very good but Pelle made the leather softer than the Meguiar can. I am not sure if the Pelle one has UV screen in it because it's meant for leather furniture as oppose to automotive. BMW also has their own BMW-branded stuff which has UV screen which (supposedly) helps if the car is parked outside a lot.

If the leather gone sticky after application, you might have put on too much of the conditioner. Leather will asorb what it needs into itself and leave the rest on its surface. It didn't go sticky on mine what I used the Pelle before. Like car wax, it's best to have few thin coats applied than one heavy one.