Sign in to follow this  
bekker

E28 alignment question

Hi

I seem to be having a nightmare getting the alignment done on my 525e.

It has been back three times now and I'm still not happy with it.

First time they aligned it as an E12 (apparently similar) and it started pulling hard to the right.

I took it back, they did it again, this time as an E30 325. I told them this was even further from their first attempt! It drove straight but now the steering wheel was on an angle and the handling wasn't right.

Took it back a third time. They finally managed to find an the E28. They asked me if it was a standard E28 and not an M535 or M5 (wish!). I told them it was stock.

Picked it up and found they had aligned it as an M535 and now its pulling to the left. In fact it's pulling so hard that my partner has noticed it and that's saying something!

I guess my question is this...

Does this sound like a case of technician incompetence or is perhaps an indicator that my steering or suspension setup needs attention?

I'm not naming them (yet) but if I end up getting a refund can anyone recommend somewhere in Wellington that really knows how to align our cars well?

:huh:

Cheers.

Technical incompetence, unless they can point to the component(s) causing the problem.

Look for Tunley

Dont know the company name but he was/is the best in Welly

Look for Tunley

Dont know the company name but he was/is the best in Welly

Dave Tunley....towards the top of taranaki street...settings shouldnt really affect how it tracks....thats just rude..jeff Gray also do alignments now i think,or shoul dbe able to give you the settings for your car.Bmw actually specify a certain ammount of weight at each passenger point and how much petrol in the tank too!

Thanks your help everyone.

Does anyone have the E28 alignment specs?

Any advice? I know some people set them up differently. Any opinions?

Cheers

try swopping tyres back to from to see if the pulling is still the same!! they could have swopped tyres left to right thats why its pulling in the opposite direction...could be a defect in a tyre, even new tyres can have problems