Sign in to follow this  
SIR E30

Replacing Oil Sensor

Hey everyone,

So my E30 (M20B25) had a slight oil leak.. always has, never worried me too much cause it wasnt big. Then it started getting bigger, until tonight I found a huge puddle on the floor of the garage! Turns out oil is leaking through the oil sensor in the side of the block (according to my Bentley manual its the oil pressure sensor).

Im replacing the sensor tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do or know before I go rip sh*t and bust and pull everything apart? Just want to make sure I do things properly.

Cheers in advance!

Jason

Edited by SIR E30

Hey everyone,

So my E30 (M20B25) had a slight oil leak.. always has, never worried me too much cause it wasnt big. Then it started getting bigger, until tonight I found a huge puddle on the floor of the garage! Turns out oil is leaking through the oil sensor in the side of the block (according to my Bentley manual its the oil pressure sensor).

Im replacing the sensor tomorrow. Is there anything I need to do or know before I go rip sh*t and bust and pull everything apart? Just want to make sure I do things properly.

Cheers in advance!

Jason

Simple enough - undo & replace, Can use a thin ring spanner (cant remember size off hand. I put thread tape or thread sealer on new thread as I replace.

I think its 24mm or 26mm

I used a socket and it was nice and easy to change

Sweet, thanks guys. So I dont need to drop the oil out or anything silly like that?

Sweet, thanks guys. So I dont need to drop the oil out or anything silly like that?

Nope, just make sure you tighten it properly but not overtighten