Sign in to follow this  
BMWQT

325 E30 - Cylinder head assembly wanted

Hi folks

Looking for a E30 2.7 cylinder head for my 1989 325.

Casting model no. 1705 885.

Must be in good condition. If it has been pressure and cracked tested, even better

Hi folks

Looking for a E30 2.7 cylinder head for my 1989 325.

Casting model no. 1705 885.

Must be in good condition. If it has been pressure and cracked tested, even better

how much you wanna spent?I got one.in just rebuilt condition,and I have the 2.7 block,

Hi, I've got a cylinder head off a 2.7 engine. I've removed the Cam and valves, but you can have those with it.

It came off a runner, but I haven't had it crack tested.

it is on trade me at the moment

Auction Number: 185899537

starting on $50

let me know if you are interested

Jon

you're after the 2.5 885 head - the 2.7 heads are the 221 (?) and are sh*t. you could go a 731 with another block, but not yours

how much you wanna spent?I got one.in just rebuilt condition,and I have the 2.7 block,

If head is in good condition and with right casting number happy to pay reasonable cost and delivery charges. Cheers

Hi, I've got a cylinder head off a 2.7 engine. I've removed the Cam and valves, but you can have those with it.

It came off a runner, but I haven't had it crack tested.

it is on trade me at the moment

Auction Number: 185899537

starting on $50

let me know if you are interested

Jon

Hi, had a look at your auction, looks like your casting no. is different to what I'm after

Cheers

you're after the 2.5 885 head - the 2.7 heads are the 221 (?) and are sh*t. you could go a 731 with another block, but not yours

Double-checked... I'm definitely after the 2.7 head, Casting model no. 1705 885.

cheers

Double-checked... I'm definitely after the 2.7 head, Casting model no. 1705 885.

cheers

Gus is right, I'd say your source is wrong sorry. The 885 is a 2.5 head. However, the 1988 325e (2.7m20) used the 885 casting but with a shithouse valvetrain so didn't rev as high. There maybe some odd ball S/A models about that have a 2.7i motor in them and use the B27 block with B25 head?

Anyway, why are you trying to put the junk 2.7 head on a 2.5 block? I doubt it will even fit with those pistons.

cheers

If you want a head for a 2.5 you definitely don't want a 2.7 head. The 2.7 heads are the small port ETA 200 heads. If it's a 2.5 block you need the 885 head. If you are building a 2.7 motor you can use a 731 head. I don't think it matters wether it is pre facelift or a facelift. The 2.7 I'm about to put in my convertible is a 2.7 bottom end with a rebuilt pre-facelift 731 head. I've got a couple of spares (one of each) if you can't get one that has been rebuilt already.

I have a good "731" cylinder head assembly available, I only pulled the motor out of the car because my 2.7 was ready. Ran very well, and has had work done on it. Note: this is the head that came off the 320i/323i which has the same chamber volume as the standard ETA (2.7) pistons. Will sit straight on without lowering C/R.

However, I also think you are after an "885" casting head - off 325i.

Edited by QuickSilver