Sign in to follow this  
silverlea

CCC unit for E60 545i

Just wondering if anyone out there can source a CCC unit from europe to convert gps from Jap setup to NZ version.

Maybe Jochen if you read this may be able to help. BM worshop (Guido) thinks if we get another unit we can do something.

Thanks.

Hey there.

I had a E60 with the i-drive and there is no known replacement as of yet for the system to convert from Jap to NZ. There is the avenue of perusing which requires everything to be replaced but it was far too expensive like 10k from memory.

Things may have changed since I owned mine.

Best of luck.

Conversion of Jap nav in the E60 has been researched & confirmed that although the hardware can be changed there are serious issues with programming the car from Jap mode - these cars are very much Jap specific with the electronics in them. Jochen has researched this in subject in depth.

I am aware of one having been done but at a cost due to the loss of other functions (TV & service functions) along with other modules dropping out of sinc.

So in essence - if able to completely reconfigue the vehicle to Euro spec then yes but at this stage - unknown

Just wondering if anyone out there can source a CCC unit from europe to convert gps from Jap setup to NZ version.

Maybe Jochen if you read this may be able to help. BM worshop (Guido) thinks if we get another unit we can do something.

Thanks.

Simple: eBay Germany.

You'll always find lots of auto wreckers on eBay, they can source anything for you. Mail a few of them - they are quite good and some are happy to send parts overseas.

Guido is a good bloke, give him my regards :-)